Factory installed battery

crumbs

Advanced Member
My current mobile shelter needs a deep cycle battery. Since I anticipate getting the Puma in the future, I was wondering if you all knew the model ATC uses?

It is my understanding that if one is to run them parrallel, it is best to have duplicate batteries.

I can check later if you need, but if you're planning on using the current battery with what is installed in the Puma, I recommend not doing that. It's best practice to have a matched set of parallel batteries. So in terms of brand, capacity and age, the batteries should be the same.

Thanks. Yep, that's precisely what I was getting at. At this time, the age part is a tough one to comply with.

That being the case, and since my current* electrical needs are extremely minimal, I might just pick-up an inexpensive one to hold me over.

When the time comes, ask your battery supplier if they can help get a matched set. For my boat, my battery guy got a set made within 20 from the same run. You're spending a lot of money and a smaller vendor has more incentive to accomodate your needs.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom