Fair Price for Used FWC Hawk

I was going to buy one anyway just was going to have to wait a while. Trust me it will be enjoyed

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

BWSracing said:
He bought it used a year old after a truck was traded in with it attached. I'm sure he got a deal of a century and passed it on to me a few years down the road. He used it as more of a requirement and less of a recreation.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West
I'm that sort of person as well. I've never sold anything for more than what I have paid for it. If I get a good deal on something, I am happy to pay it forward to somebody else. Some might think it crazy, but I feel better about passing on a good deal than making a profit.

Good for you. Hopefully when you are done with it, somebody else will benefit.

Advocate said:
^ That's so wrong. ^ Life is not SUPPOSED to be like that. :D
Maybe that why I was able to score a great deal on a 1 year old pre-owned loaded Hawk, the day before I had an appointment to order a shell from the Canadian dealer. I searched for months with no success and the all of a sudden... boom. There is a loaded Hawk right on route to where we were taking our holiday. I only had the budget for a shell and now I have a loaded unit :)

If and when I'm ready to sell it, I'll make somebody else a happy camper.

Isn't it strange how life sometimes works ;)

BTW with what's happened to the Canadian dollar I'd be looking at about $37 CDN (26K USD) for a unit I payed $23k CDN (16KUSD) for.

ken3737 said:
One of my neighbors is selling his lightly used 2013 FWC Hawk. It's nicely outfitted with furnace, front dinette, custom sink, cabinet, and finished with the Silver Spur package. His cost: $15K. Any idea what a fair price for this unit might be?? Thanks...
So what happened. Did you buy his Hawk?
How much?

Most people that purchase the silver spur edition do so after loading the thing up.

I think we've worked something out. He's a close friend so business deals are always a little awkward. As a matter of fact, I think he's undercharging me a bit. It's in great shape and outfitted really perfectly afaic. Once I pull the trigger, I'll have to find a suitable truck (I currently drive an FJ). I'm thinking newer Tundra, as it'll be something of a daily driver too -- and that seems manageable. Thanks to the wealth of info on this website. Hope to see you guys out on the open road sometime soon...!!

Good for you!

Much easier to find a truck to fit a used Hawk than it is to find a good deal on a used Hawk to fit your truck.

Have fun! Hopefully you post some pics etc. and some of your trips.

Bill D, your calculation is scary. I feel lucky that I bought a 4WC and my truck when the $ was close to par. If you ever want to sell your hawk and truck, I want a full size in the next 2-3 years, send me a PM!

wetcoast said:
Bill D, your calculation is scary. I feel lucky that I bought a 4WC and my truck when the $ was close to par. If you ever want to sell your hawk and truck, I want a full size in the next 2-3 years, send me a PM!
It is scary!!!

In Canada you must pay for your FWC in US dollars. First you put down a 50% deposit in USD. You can not pay in full until your FWC is delivered to the Canadian dealer. In the meantime you hope that the exchange rate will work in your favour. So for 4 months you are praying the rate will not go up.

In my case, I was very fortunate. I did not have to wait to use the camper and I saved a bundle on the exchange rate. I also did not have to pay PST (provincial sales tax), GST delivery etc. I remember calculating a fee of about $5000CDN for delivery and taxes before even putting 10 cents towards the price of the camper.

$495 USD for the Canadian modification package + this
It gets a bit insane.

What is the CDC that I see on your pricing?

The Canadian Destination Charge (CDC) is a combination of costs associated with importation and freight of each unit to Canada. It is made up of the cost of freight, brokerage fees, and a Canadian importation documentation fee.
As of this writing (01/01/14) it is US$ 1,235.00 to our Vancouver office and US$ 1,735.00 to our Auburn, Ontario location. This may change without notice. Note, due to recent fuel price increases, fuel surcharges may apply.

Thanks, I'll keep the offer to purchase in mind.

Back
Top Bottom