Fair Price for Used FWC Hawk

ken3737

One of my neighbors is selling his lightly used 2013 FWC Hawk. It's nicely outfitted with furnace, front dinette, custom sink, cabinet, and finished with the Silver Spur package. His cost: $15K. Any idea what a fair price for this unit might be?? Thanks...

I'm interested in buying it for myself. You guys here on this forum have a lot more experience than I do -- I'm just trying to figure out a fair offer for this camper -- thx.

ken3737 said:
One of my neighbors is selling his lightly used 2013 FWC Hawk. It's nicely outfitted with furnace, front dinette, custom sink, cabinet, and finished with the Silver Spur package. His cost: $15K. Any idea what a fair price for this unit might be?? Thanks...
I would think that package would have costed WAY more than 15,000. I got mine in 2015 and Mine has everything that the regular package came with. I didn't get the furnace and I think mine by the time I added a screen door jacks,and I can't remember what else cost me 18,000. The silver spur would be extra, and front dinette would be extra. Either he got a smokin deal at 15,000 or I got hosed.

Used FWC that are only a few years old do hold their value exceptionally well.

I would price out all of the options for a new one with the same configuration and then deduction $2000-$3000.

With spring coming around, it would probably sell pretty quickly in the next few months.

I've bought and sold a few FWC at that kind of price.

Thanks for the responses -- wow, the Hawks really hold their value (hope my neighbor doesn't read this Forum)...!!

Current price, assume jacks, front dinette and silver spur almost $20,000.00
Upgrade on fridge, fans, lights or other items will add a couple of K.

Might be a buy at $15k

I would not sell my 2013 for $15k in todays market

Current price 20K? Try almost 25K [includes shipping and set-up] with side dinette and most options other than Silver Spur.

15K seems very fair, if it is in good shape and as ACE sez: "What is worth to you?"

Phil

I guess I misunderstood "his cost." I took that to mean that was his cost to purchase it, as opposed to "his price" to sell it.

Wallowa said:
Current price 20K? Try almost 25K [includes shipping and set-up] with side dinette and most options other than Silver Spur.

15K seems very fair, if it is in good shape and as ACE sez: "What is worth to you?"

Phil
Yep what it's worth to you .... or ... how bad do you want it ?

I know I got lucky but I just picked up my 2012 Grandby with many options totaling $22,000 new for $4500. Some people really don't know what they have. My camper was super clean and very well maintained and I felt bad giving the guy what he was asking as I knew it was worth more. He gladly would have taken less. ImageUploadedByWander The West1452559799.695821.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

How on earth did that happen? Did he pay $22,000 just to turn around and sell it for $4,500?

He bought it used a year old after a truck was traded in with it attached. I'm sure he got a deal of a century and passed it on to me a few years down the road. He used it as more of a requirement and less of a recreation.

Ace! said:
How on earth did that happen? Did he pay $22,000 just to turn around and sell it for $4,500?
Some time you get lucky. I paid $3500 for a 2002 Hawk in 2009. It was an estate sale and they did not know what they had. BWSracing's deal beats any I have seen.

I was so worried he would sell it before I could get there. Offered a deposit over the phone and was astonished when o showed up Saturday morning and it was still there. Gave him every penny he asked for and thanked him.

Back
Top Bottom