Fantastic Fan cover?

XJINTX

OK, I did a dumb move... broke the cover of my Fantastic fan. Had it up and backed out of my shop. Was heading out or a trip so ran up to the local RV dealer. He said they had replacements so I bought and they replaced.

long story short it worked fine on that trip. However, last trip we had a big and long rainstorm. Discovered it leaks. Further investigation and noticed wind was actually pulling lid up a very little so rain got in.

Got home yesterday and looked closer. Seems there is like a round stud on side of fan base. The top comes down and rests on it. Looks like top may not fit snug. Could someone look at theirs and see if original cover has a cutout for this stud so it lays down better?

I will try and take picture when it gets lighter out.

THANKS

Do you know what model vent you have?

I have a similar but different problem in mine.
My cover has a "pin" that is glued to the cover that extends down and is caught by a latching mechanism on the base to secure it.
The pin has detached from the cover and i have not been able to figure out what to use to "glue" it back on...

No idea really it's the 3 speed model that was in my 2015 Hawk. I do not see any latching mechanism but that might help with my issue. I suppose the seal could be bad around the fan but never leaked before new cover :(

I broke my lid last winter (long story, but my fault...). I ordered one from Amazon, but it didn't fit right. After further research, I called the company that makes Fantastic Fans and found out that it was still under warranty (my camper is a 2010). I just had to pay the shipping cost. They send me the correct model and it fit perfect. You might give them a call and see what they can do.

Here is my reply:

[SIZE=10pt]Thank you for contacting Dometic. You can purchase a new lid from us. Please call into our support center at 866-869-3118. We will need to know the[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]color you want and if your current lid is flat or domed?[/SIZE]

Does anyone have the 1250 fan on their Hawk that they can look at? The cover I have on the fan now is domed but that is the RV replacement. I do not remember if the original was flat or domed. The other cover on my camper is flat but it is not a fan.

THANKS!!!

I've found that since the company was sold a while back, that they can be hit-or-miss on their support. Some days you get a good customer service person, some days not.

My (short story) is that my fan failed. they claimed that I didn't install it correctly. When I sent them a copy of my install guide, their story changed (sort of). They sent me a new version of the install guide and insisted that I should have followed that! When I pointed out that was a new install guide, not mine, they changed their story (sort of). Eventually, they made me pay shipping too and sent me a replacement but without warrantee... bozo's!

I have a 1200 fantastic fan new in box. I took out the guts to add to my non fan vent. The top is dark smoked. 50 plus shipping if you want it. Has all parts except switch, motor and fan. Shipping from 01810.

Have to love good customer service and great warranty. I just called to order and it was in fact,covered by warranty. Even after I told her I broke myself. She appreciated the honesty but she said she was sending the replacement :)

That’s great support, but a pretty poor business model, warranty should cover things that are the fault of the manufacturer, ie flaws in design, materials or workmanship.

XJINTX said:
Have to love good customer service and great warranty. I just called to order and it was in fact,covered by warranty. Even after I told her I broke myself. She appreciated the honesty but she said she was sending the replacement :)
Nice

XJINTX said:
Good for you. A lot different response than I got from them.

ANY CHANCE someone with a HAWK can post or send me a picture of their Fantastic Fan cover closed on top? If you read this post you will see the RV dealer replaced mine after I broke it. It leaked and I contacted Fantastic Fan and they sent me a replacement. Been awhile since we have had hard rain here in TX. Went camping last weekend in rain... new cover leaks too :( It leaks at campsite and not while driving I think.Close inspection looks like it just does not close down tight enough and rain splashes up under. There is a tab that it rests on... I'm thinking of cutting the rest tab off??? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20180307_083040.jpg
    20180307_083040.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 66
  • 20180307_083049.jpg
    20180307_083049.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 78
I have the new remote controlled rain sensor fan, and don't have that tab. In fact the last couple campers I've had with Fantastic fans never had the tab.

That tab is supposed to end up inside I’m quite sure. On mine ( not near the camper for another couple weeks) the lid goes over (completely)those white buttons. I assume they keep the lid from flopping side to side.

Back
Top Bottom