Fantastic Fan Question?

ziggy

Anyone know how to remove the vent lift knob on the Fantastic Fan? Most units I see have a screw in the middle of the knob you can unscrew and pull knob off. The 2 Fantastic Fans I have on my 2018 FWC do not have a screw? Not sure if the knobs are just pressure fit? I dont want to break something pulling and prying too hard. Im looking to access the back side of fan controls.

Attachments

• 327925547_842527406815195_2802075899326758151_n.jpg
    327925547_842527406815195_2802075899326758151_n.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 61
Get a good LED flash light to have a look, see into the center portion of the knob. The hole for the screw is deeply recessed into the knob. There should be a Phillips head screw in there.

Thanks for the reply TA! I'll check that out as soon as I get back home tomorrow.
Cheers

No screw. Screw driver goes straight through. Both fan units in my FWC same. I'll have to drop the roof to lift the outside vent cover (garage ceiling low) and see if I need to drop the lift handle from the outside to in? Of course my 2 units would have to be different than every other Fantastic Fan I've seen? :-/

ziggy said:
No screw. Screw driver goes straight through. Both fan units in my FWC same. Of course my 2 units would have to be different than every other Fantastic Fan I've seen? :-/
Since you can't find a screw - did you give the knob that raises and lowers the vent cover a good healthy pull?

TA. I gave it a bit of a pull but not overly hard. I'll give it another tougher tug and see or maybe see if I can get a small standard screwdriver under it and give it a bit of I pry. It's cold, below 0c here, so I didnt want to break something yanking and prying. If tugging or prying doesnt work I'll just leave until warmer spring temps and investigate closer. I knew I should have heated my garage when I built it 30 yrs ago :)

TacomaAustin said:
Since you can't find a screw - did you give the knob that raises and lowers the vent cover a good healthy pull?
I gave the knob as good as a pull as I dare. I'll leave it until the weather warms up and check things out from the outside. Mean while I'll keep scouring the net for more possibilities. Thanks for the replies. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom