Fantastic Fan retrofit

Dome or Flat

Wondering if besides clearance there is any advantage to the dome v. the flat cover. Planning to make the upgrade soon for spring trip to Utah, Death Valley last year was a cooker. I currently have a white dome with no fan on my vent.

Thanks for any thoughts.

So many options.

Any thoughts on Dome V. Flat.

High V. low profile base.

I think will go with the 4000R with gray flat, but do I need the larger base for motor clearance?

Any thoughts are welcome.

Mine's a 'Shurflo' that I bought on sale at Camping World and it's the domed design. With the hatch closed, the dome allows me to use it as a circulating fan.

I don't know if the pancake design does this or not.

advice on the fans....

before you assemble and button up the trim:

put some loctite on the screws that hold the fan motor as well as the screw that
hold the fan blade.

if you dont do it now....you will do it later!

Mine's a 'Shurflo' that I bought on sale at Camping World and it's the domed design. With the hatch closed, the dome allows me to use it as a circulating fan.

I don't know if the pancake design does this or not.

Mine is a "Fan-tastic Vent" with a low profile (about 3 inches total above the roof) and it has a plunger connected to a switch which doesn't allow it to turn on until the vent is opened about 1/2 to 1 inch at the rear.

(... oh, and by the way, the "close vent, turn on fan" mode is explicitly defined in the users manual, so we know the fan was designed to do operate in this mode...)

:)

Over the years I have seen many used campers come through here.

I don't like the white plastic dome (bubble) vent covers -- they just didn't seem to hold up well (cracked over time) and they would always rattle open as you were driving down the freeway on longer trips.

The Fantastic vent fans with the black dome (bubble) seem to be OK. I can't remember if they rattled open or cracked because I don't see many of them installed on the FWC's. But I don't have any negatives that I remember.

The new style Fantastic vents or Fantastic power fan vents with the flat vent cover that is tinted (almost black) seem to be awesome ! I don't think I have ever seen on break or rattle open. The only breakage I have seen is if someone hit a tree or something like that. They also come with a lifetime guarantee on the lid cover. Their customer service seems to be top notch !

Just my 2 cents worth

"They also come with a lifetime guarantee on the lid cover."

That's good info to have, thanks Stan, didn't know that. Hope I never have to take 'em up on it!

Hey folks I bought a fan from this guy last year. Went back for a new project and found my book mark was a dead end.

New site here:
http://www.rvvent.com/
Last I check he had some of the best prices, haven't researched lately.

ADOHEN SUPPLY CO is where I just bought a Fantastic unit. The person at Fantastic company pointed me thier direction. I got just the right combo sized for the Casita where the A/C is comming off the roof.

Back
Top Bottom