Fantastic Fan variable speed control

ntsqd said:
I don't play an EE in real life and I didn't stay at the Holiday Inn last night, but I'm thinking that some of the PWM's switching high frequency is bleeding into the power supply. Maybe try a small capacitor across power & ground at the light controller?
You are the winner! I put the capacitor across the input to the PWM (it was already exposed) and bingo.... no spurious lights going on.

Thanks a bunch!

Could someone that's installed this with a fan with a direction control please show how they wired it? I just tried with a part I saw recommended on a Youtube video, but I've blown the 7.5 amp fuse three times trying to make it work (slow learner). At first I was fooled by the black vs white is the Negative issue, and that's how I blew the fuse the first two times. The third time I had the previous issue fixed. The item they recommended was a 15 Amp version, which could be the problem, or it could be the way I've tried wiring it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F839VNQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks!

I began to have problems - fluctuation in speed - with the speed control I installed in our fantastic fan as documented previously in this thread. I replaced it with this unit from Amazon -

Speed Control

It is much smaller and has a definitive on off click and an led light that reminds you it is on. The red light is behind the mounting panel but I can still see the glow. So far, so good. And I now have an extra unit in the camper spare parts drawer.

Back
Top Bottom