Faucet Upgrade

InspectorLance

Advanced Member
Just installed a much needed new faucet in my 2006 Grandby. The original faucet does not extend far enough into the sink, and water easily spills onto the counter.

The new faucet is a Aqua Source #0308415
This new faucet works much better and even has a pull out sprayer. You do have to drill a center hole since the original faucet is a two hole and the new one is a three hole. Tip. Plug your water supply lines before drilling. I got a bunch of saw dust into the supply lines, that ended up in the faucet plugging the sparyer.

Here are a few picts. Im sure that I'm not the only one that has been frustrated with the original faucet.

Attachments

• 04-25-11 019.JPG
    04-25-11 019.JPG
    328 KB · Views: 142
I had the same problem flooding the counter every time I used the stock faucet. I installed a single lever kitchen faucet with a spout that extends to the center of the sink. The second hole in the counter was a perfect spot for a soap dispenser.

Great idea with the single handle and the soap dispenser. Now you got me thinking of adding a soap dispenser.

Lance

I'm installing a Shurflo faucet and electric pump as well. Not sure if I am going to keep the hand pump. Any thoughts, suggestions from folks that have moved on from the one-arm pump?

I'm installing a Shurflo faucet and electric pump as well. Not sure if I am going to keep the hand pump. Any thoughts, suggestions from folks that have moved on from the one-arm pump?

I added an electric pump and kept the hand pump. I'm glad I did. I still use the hand pump a lot, and only use the electric pump when I need to fill the sink or a pot. The hand pump will help you conserve water.

I added an electric pump and kept the hand pump. I'm glad I did. I still use the hand pump a lot, and only use the electric pump when I need to fill the sink or a pot. The hand pump will help you conserve water.

X2 I did the same, a cheapo 12v pump for $20 spliced in the line under the sink with a switch on the front of the cabinet. The electric is nice for filling and washing hands and really for my daughter who has a gimpy arm. I still use the hand as well and if the electrics fails.

I've added a shurflo electric faucet and small pump to every camping rig I've ever owned. It's a very necessary mod in my opinion.

I use these faucets: http://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-94-009-10-White-Electric-Faucet/dp/B001CMEQSC

simple, easy, cheap.

I had the same problem flooding the counter every time I used the stock faucet. I installed a single lever kitchen faucet with a spout that extends to the center of the sink. The second hole in the counter was a perfect spot for a soap dispenser.

camelracer,

What soap dispenser did you install?

camelracer,

What soap dispenser did you install?

Leadsled9,

I just picked up a universal soap dispenser from Home Depot. It fit into the second hole leftover when I converted to a single hole faucet. The problem with it was the plastic soap tank wasn't up to the truck vibrations and broke off after a few trips. I built another tank out of PVC pipe and haven't had a problem since.

This is a cheap option to a new faucet and works great. I was having the same problem with the origingal faucet being too close to the edge of the sink and spraying water all over the counter top. You can get it at Bed Bath & Beyond and it's about $13.

2750112827008P.jpg

Back
Top Bottom