Fiamma F45 awning

5outta6

Anyone have a Fiamma F45 awning?
How durable is it?
Would you buy another?

Thanks for any info

I had one on my Bobcat, and liked it. A very nice unit. The only complaint I had was with the truck windows down and on rough roads, it rattled a bit.

I have a similar awning on my hard side, and it is great as well.

New FWC owner easy to use engineering and materials seam solid. Looks great on the camper as well. 500 miles on the rig happy with all.

I had an ARB on my truck before i got the camper, and the quality was just trash.

I wasnt hesitant to get it with the camper, but read enough good things, i tried it anyway.

It VERY VERY well made and easy to deploy solo.

Highly recommend!

Had one on a casita. Also had an F35 on a small truck camper. Very well made, pretty sturdy, but it ease the ease of use that has me sold. I also had an airstream with their awning and hands down, the fiamma f45 is the best all around. I really like the ability to support the awning on the vehicle itself, really convenient. The f35 is great as well, a lot simpler engineering wise but more effort to deploy and retract.

The f35 (don’t have a pic of the 45)
IMG_0184.JPG

I have one on my FWC Hawk and love it. I have had a myriad of awnings on my other trailers and this is by FAR the best. I agree with the "rattle" but I need to research as I think someone posted a solution. I don't think you could go wrong with it.

I have one on my ATC Bobcat and like it. Seems well built and very easy to use, I also agree that it looks good on the camper.

I have one and like it, except for the rattle.

Any proven solutions to quiet the rattle? I am thinking a rubber voile ski strap around the whole casing may work, but if anyone else has a solution, I am all ears.

rando said:
I have one and like it, except for the rattle.

Any proven solutions to quiet the rattle? I am thinking a rubber voile ski strap around the whole casing may work, but if anyone else has a solution, I am all ears.
I use small Velcro tie on each end and small piece of 1/8” thick rubber in the center before closing. this keeps it quiet on the road. It’s a good unit except a bit heavy and the rattle makes me crazy!

We have the Fiamma F45 on our 2014 Hawk. Early on, I had some noise from it, but learned to carefully store the legs and ensure that the awning is evenly seated on storing it. On ours, we would have a slight gap usually in the front after cranking it in if we had not seated the legs correctly. Now, each leg foot is folded and placed near stored position. Placing a hand on the foot end and the other on the pivot extension, I push to seat the pivot and the foot simultaneously. Repeat with other leg and crank in the awning. If the small gap is evenly parallel for the entire length, it is correct and I have no noise.

Of course, this might be just ritualistic superstitious behavior on my part and YMMV but it works for me. :)

Paul

I'm about to pull the trigger on a fiamma awning but still wonder about the 'rattles'....Rattles drive me crazy! Off paved roads I can handle the rattles but not on paved highways......

Any more opinions out there? TNX

5outta6 said:
I'm about to pull the trigger on a fiamma awning but still wonder about the 'rattles'....Rattles drive me crazy! Off paved roads I can handle the rattles but not on paved highways......

Any more opinions out there? TNX
I don’t recall issues with the rattle on paved roads. Perhaps because I normally keep the windows up at highway speeds, perhaps because it takes sustained bumps (and windows down) to make it bothersome.

Back
Top Bottom