Finally! 2015 Hawk

Billincamo

I have always wanted a Four Wheel Camper. I have had different trailers over the years but FWC was always in the back of mind. After all these years I finally pulled the trigger and found a 2015 Hawk Shell Model nicely equipped with side dinette, heater, stove, lift assist, jacks on all corners, dual batteries, solar ready, and tracks on the roof. I picked up a new ARB Frig/Freezer. The only other modifications I want to make are the thermal pack and 160W solar panel. The camper was 9 months old when I found it and like new. I had to drive from Colorado to South Carolina to pick it up. The trip home was a good test for the 2016 Eco Diesel. I was concerned that once I had it, I would want a 3/4 ton PU. After driving 1700 miles with it in the back I think it's a perfect match. I didn't have to do any mods to the truck suspension. I ordered the truck with the factory 4 corner air suspension which performed flawlessly. Spent 4 nights in it the first week very comfortable but I will add memory foam to the bed.

Attachments

• FWC2 - 1.jpg
    FWC2 - 1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 153
Inside pictures would be great. Congrats. You will really enjoy your camper. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Billincamo said:
I have always wanted a Four Wheel Camper. I have had different trailers over the years but FWC was always in the back of mind. After all these years I finally pulled the trigger and found a 2015 Hawk Shell Model nicely equipped with side dinette, heater, stove, lift assist, jacks on all corners, dual batteries, solar ready, and tracks on the roof. I picked up a new ARB Frig/Freezer. The only other modifications I want to make are the thermal pack and 160W solar panel. The camper was 9 months old when I found it and like new. I had to drive from Colorado to South Carolina to pick it up. The trip home was a good test for the 2016 Eco Diesel. I was concerned that once I had it, I would want a 3/4 ton PU. After driving 1700 miles with it in the back I think it's a perfect match. I didn't have to do any mods to the truck suspension. I ordered the truck with the factory 4 corner air suspension which performed flawlessly. Spent 4 nights in it the first week very comfortable but I will add memory foam to the bed.
Nice! I just put my FWC Eagle on my EcoDiesel but haven't got to drive it much yet. I didn't get the suspension but put air bags on it. I'm glad to hear the truck works great w/ the camper! We're headed down to Baja in late Jan/Feb for 3 weeks and will try to do a trip report at some point.

Your going to love it on your eco diesel. My next test will be pulling an ATV on a utility trailer with camper on the truck. I think it will go well. The little diesel didn't know the camper was on the truck except for the reduction in mpg.

Congrats. The EcoDiesel is a great truck - and I am a chevy guy so that means something.

congrats. mine is being installed at the fwc dealer as we speak. I did not sleep lastnight

Back
Top Bottom