Finally got my Bobcat

GroovyDad

My new Bobcat shell was delivered and installed yesterday and it looks great on my truck. Everyone at ATC was fantastic to deal with from my first visit to their factory all the way to the installation.

Now I just have to come up with a final plan for how I want to build it out. One of the first things I plan to do is fabricate a rollover hinge for either a couch or a side dinette chair. A friend of mine has the rollover couch and was kind enough to let me get some detailed measurements from his. I have some metal working experience, so it shouldn't be too difficult of a project. The metal for two hinges only set me back about $30.00, which is a great deal. I don't know why these hinges aren't sold separately--I think there would be a lot of demand for them.

I'll post pictures of my build as I get going, but it'll probably take me all winter and maybe even most of the spring to get it completed. Once I complete it, I'm sure it won't be long before I have to tweak this and that to get it just so, but that's the beauty of a shell.

Attachments

• IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 200
Back
Top Bottom