Finally took the LEAP

ofc11066

Advanced Member
Well I finally placed my order and deposit down on my new Raven. I have been reading this post and others for over 3 years now. I will be picking it up in PA at Main Line Overland in September, thanks to Matt! Then heading down the Appalachian mountains for a week of camping to Asheville N.C. for Overland Expo East. This will be a change from pop up trailers in the past and I am looking forward to it.

Truck is ready; Air bags, E rated tires, and Line X in the bed.

Thanks for everyones encouragement and vast knowledge on everything.

Chris

You'll love it. Too bad the wait is so long, but it'll be worth it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Wander The West mobile app

Hey Chris,

I'm not sure how much grip your Line-X will provide, but I got a Dee Zee Heavyweight Bed Mat, and definitely recommend it to prevent the camper from sliding. I also have a Raven.

Riley

Thanks Riley,

What kind of truck do you have and what suspension upgrades did you do? How long have you had it? I have one of those mats from my old Silverado, thanks.

I have a '16 Tundra CM TRD OR. I added airbags along with a 2" lift in the front so it's level. I've had it for a few months, and it's been a fantastic switch from my VW Westfalia!

Cool, I did the same thing with the 2" leveling kit/lift to fit my new 275/65/20 E tires better also. Happy camping.

Well getting ready to leave next Friday to pick up the Raven. Driving over 1000 miles to Main Line Overland and Matt to get her installed. Then heading to Overland East in Asheville NC. before I head back to Fl. Thanks also to everyone at FWC for taking photo's along the way of the build. Today I just finished making the dolly to keep her in the garage.

rilcombs said:
I have a '16 Tundra CM TRD OR. I added airbags along with a 2" lift in the front so it's level. I've had it for a few months, and it's been a fantastic switch from my VW Westfalia!
That is a significant change. I often dream of having a Westfalia...

Back
Top Bottom