Fire Glacier NP

billharr

I plan on leaving for Glacier NP Aug 12 for a couple of weeks. Hope this fire is out and has not done too much damage. Looks like a bad year for fires everywhere.

B9318172189Z.1_20150722001605_000_G80BDQ06L.1-0.jpg

Saw it on the news this morning. Remember driving into Many Glacier in 2008 and seeing the damage from the 2006 fire, pretty devastating to say the least. On the news this morning they showed people that got out of there cars and started running. One family stopped to take pictures and got trapped.

Supposed to be in Glacier the 11th-15th of August with my daughter but if the road doesn't reopen over the pass we'll probably head for Olympic instead.

Looks like the road from the west has opened up to the top of Logan Pass but is still closed on the east side. The Highline Trail is also open again. Hoping that they continue to make progress through this next hot spell.

Cayuse said:
Supposed to be in Glacier the 11th-15th of August with my daughter but if the road doesn't reopen over the pass we'll probably head for Olympic instead.
We will be leaving Aug 12, going to go north and through Spokane. Wave if you see a FWC on a 2005 silver Tundra.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom