Flat-bedding an ATC

soulpatch

My plans for next year are the purchase of a 2001ish F350 4x4 CrewCab 7.3 Superduty, put a flat bed on it so all fuels can be outside of the camper, thin profile potable and grey water tanks below it and some storage boxes for batteries, tools, safe whatever the heck else I can think of and cram in to maximize space for a family of four inside.... of course we are going to have at least on awning for outside cooking and showering and shade......
I've been thinking of this for about a year and next year the money will all be there. This is all a cash basis and an opportunity to not only explore Mexico (where we live) with my family but anywhere in this hemisphere we want to get to except where limited by the size of the goat path we are on.
Surfing will possibly be a priority! We'll see....

Anyway, I'd love to be pointed at others's flatbed builds if you all are aware of any.

I know it's just a box but I am an outside the box thinker so I can't wait to get this working.

I have looked ( online only) at Alaskan, FWC, ATC and Hallmark and those crazy-ass rigs that cost 6 figures and more but I am thinking the ATC is probably where I will end up.... the weight of the Alaskan is more than I want to deal with.

Peace

Mr. Soulpatch, search the build that dirtydog had. It was custom built by ATC. Also check with Marty at ATC I am sure he will be able to start you on the path to a build. And good choice with ATC,easy to work with and the owners build your camper.
Frank

Thanks for the input.... some really cool options to be had!
And, well, Frank, that is my name, too, so in Mexico we'd be tocayos.... nicknames for everything down here.....jajaja!

Thanks for the replies and we can't wait to get building.... platform first.... talk to manufacturer second....

I am thinking stove, head, shower, beds without mattresses since they are dirt cheap to have custom made down here and very comfortable.

Solar, additional electrical, added storage, all these I would like to customize as we use it and figure out how we all will utilize it.

Once I have money in pocket I'll keep current.

Peace

soulpatch said:
Thanks for the input.... some really cool options to be had!
And, well, Frank, that is my name, too, so in Mexico we'd be tocayos.... nicknames for everything down here.....jajaja!
Frank when I was working for Frito-Lay my route was mainly Hispanic stores in the Monterey area.
My customers called me "Paco".
Nicknames are interesting.
Welcome to the site and good luck with your build.
Frank

Jajaja, I grew up being called Paco by my, go figure, Irish parents.....
Little did they know where I'd end up!

Back
Top Bottom