floor construction

6040 said:
Thanks JH, the 1x runners sound a whole lot better. No, I'm not planning on running a garden hose in the bed but I am planning to use a rubber bed mat which is not coragated as the truck bed itself in turn would consist of more exposure. In any case, with the runners you mention will eliminate any of that.

Pardon my dumb questions, I am just trying to gather as much info as I can. We midwestern flat landers do not have an abundant of FWC/ATC running around at the state parks around here, but after some research, I believe that this is what I'm looking for. Please beaware, more dumb questions to follow.... :)

Thank Ryan
I use a bed mat under my camper and have no moisture problems. No creaking or groaning noises either but then again I'm half deaf.

Is it my poor memory or are most of the questions about older campers about the vinyl, not the floor? I don't recall many (or any) remarks about replacing the floor pack although I am sure it is necessary at times. That seems to indicate the floor resting on the truck bed is not that big a problem. Apparently, corrugations in the bed drain the area pretty well without runners, etc. I do recall some folks restoring Alaskans having to replace the floor, but the camper was on the order of 40 years old.

No creaks or groans from the floor of my Bobcat. For that matter, the creaks and groans from the floor of an Airstream are news to me. Maybe the ones I've owned have been too small to groan. Prices on them made ME groan, though.

Back
Top Bottom