Foldable solar panels with controller back in stock

Thanks for the link.They have a nice selection of panels to choose from.I have been eying the 60W to add to my 45W.Yhe price sure is good. Also that folding panel would come in handy.
Frank

Wow that has gone up. I got the 120 watt solar in a bag for $195.
Edit just looked and they are not carrying it anymore.

Yes Bill, my friend Terry wanted one for his Kestral (2005 Hawk). I sent an email to solarblvd asking when they might have it in stock.
Waiting for an answer.

At that price, I would look at the Zamp portable. It's a bit more at asking price, but the dealers usually negotiate.

I wish I would have jumped on the SolarBlvd deal.

Received the following response to my availability query:

[SIZE=10pt]"We don't know what the tariffs are going to be at this point. The last one that hit in 2012 for Chinese goods was 360% so it may even go up that much for Taiwanese products. We will just have to wait and see. Sorry about that".[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/
Prashant Shewa
http://www.solarblvd.com/
prashant@solarblvd.com
T: 951-279-8100
F: 951-279-1108[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]If anyone finds a cheaper supplier out there let the rest of us know.[/SIZE]

Wandering Sagebrush said:
At that price, I would look at the Zamp portable. It's a bit more at asking price, but the dealers usually negotiate.

I wish I would have jumped on the SolarBlvd deal.
I'm slowly starting to come around to this solar thing.

Is this the Zamp 80w portable that would be suitable for my Waeco 110L: http://www.zampsolar.com/index.php?m=87&s=581&c=&id=1213

Expensive compared to the previous "bag" deals but it appears to be a quality system....waterproof, sae fittings, 25 year warranty and maybe the unit that FWC is selling?

I'll second this though:
"If anyone finds a cheaper supplier out there let the rest of us know."

I put Zamp on my Airstream, a 150 watt panel, with a 30 amp controller. The original installed price was $2600, after negotiation, it was installed for $1200. It pays to negotiate! Locate Zamp dealers in your area, and see what they are asking. The worst they can do is say no to an offer.

That said, it was still more than other brands, but I wanted the Bosch panels that Zamp uses.

rotti, I suspect that 80 watts would be ok, but I don't know what kind of a total load you have, or what you have for a battery bank.

As another option, AM solar in Eugene gets high marks in the Airstream community.

I just found this 150 watt system, with Bosch panels, controller and inverter for $449. http://bhasolar.com/181.html#

More protection than my solar in a bag. Also a better controller from looking at it. But my $199 120w panel gets the job done.

Just brought a Zamp 80 watt panel home this afternoon. By negotiating, I got $100 knocked off the price, but it was still overly expensive. Call me crazy, but I like to support local businesses.

I think the controller is less than intuitive, but it seems to be doing the job.

I'm sticking with my 60 watt " 29" x 29" regular portable panel. Carrying it behind the seat last week was no problem as it was out of the way....yet easy to get to if needed.

I believe my friend, Terry, is going to have a panel mounted on his roof. Probably the 100 watt G100 from AM Solar as it only weighs 15 pounds.

billharr said:
More protection than my solar in a bag. Also a better controller from looking at it. But my $199 120w solar power

panel gets the job done.
Thanks for the advice.. I am searching for a portable solar panels for my vocations and I think I have good idea to work on..

Got an email today, 120 watt folding solar panels back in Stock $205.00 at Solarblvd.

SP.04%20Solar%20Panel%2080W%20CPM-750x517.jpg

Park in the shade while your kit sits in the sun to charge your batteries!
Solar Cynergy's line of folding solar modules offer some of the most versatile and convenient battery charging options for those who don't want to permanently mount solar to a rooftop. This allows you to quickly maintain your RV or trailer battery while on the road to trickle charging your car, ATV or boat battery. Includes a built in charge controller.

Our photovoltaic modules are designed for commercial and domestic applications and suitable for both grid-tied and off grid systems. Solar Cynergy offers both high performance and reliability. The silicon solar cells, held by heavy duty anodized aluminum frames, are laminated with TPT & EVA for longer working life and high efficiency output. An ideal power supply for boats, traffic signs, lights, pumps, vehicles, RVs, homes, camping and caravans.

Cell wafers are cleaned with acids and alkaline solutions and electrophysically altered. An anti-reflection film made of silicon nitride is applied to them to increase their efficiency. And finally electrical contacts are attached.

Manufacturer: Solar Cynergy
Model Name: 120W Foldable
Max Power: 120W
Open Circuit Voltage (Voc): 21.0V
Short Circuit Current (Isc): 7.3A
Maximum Power Voltage (Vmp): 17.0V
Maximum Power Current (Imp): 6.2A

Dimensions when folded up:
27.5" x 26.25" x 3"
Dimensions when opened:
53" x 27.50" x 3"

Weight: 35 lbs.

Does anyone know where I could purchase the cables needed to contact the portable solar to the plug on my camper?
I understand that the plug is an SAE, but the solar cables are MC4.

I've never seen an adapter. I just cut the cables and used butt connectors to connect them.

Back
Top Bottom