Follow up question on wiring on Flatbed Hawk

kmcintyre

I definately will run thicker guage wiring from the truck to the flatbed hawk but since I don't have either the truck or the camper yet....

How and where does the flatbed wiring enter the camper? Is it easy to access the wiring once it enters the camper and replace it with thicker guage wiring to the batteries? After the batteries, I don't really care and I'm sure the wiring FWC uses is more than adequate but.... I want to minimize voltage loss to my LifePO4 batteries from the truck and I can't find any wiring diagrams, etc.

In my Eagle, the wiring just came through the turnbuckle doors so it was easy to run the thick guage wiring.

Thanks everyone.

Kevin

I attached a weather-tight junction box to our camper. On the bottom of it I put in a weather-tight cord grip for each cable.
Ours is hidden under the bed rail where it's esthetics aren't important. It is a pig-tail coming out of the camper that goes to the bed wall mounted Anderson SB connector.

Could possibly use one of roof mount solar pass-thru's on the side or front of the camper. I would be tempted, if such a location existed, to go thru the floor of the camper where it can be both hidden and sealed. Anderson does make a bracket to mount their connectors in a bulkhead. We use them at work for some of our test equipment.

The wiring comes in 18”measured from the drivers side edge of the trim. 4” up from where the camper sits flat on the deck of the tray.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom