Ford F150 with an Eagle

bsharp007

I'm seriously considering trading my Tacoma in for a 2011 Ford F150 and was wodering if a 2008 Eagle might work in the Ford. Looks like I'll need to build some sort of platform so the Eagle clears the top of the truck bed. Anyone done this? How did it work out. Thanks for any info.

If you put an Eagle Model on a Ford F-150, it will look something like this ...

(see attached pictures)

The newer Ford F-150's have a deeper truck bed, so you will need to add approx. 5" inch thick platform under the camper.

A little more that what you see in the attached pictures.

You will also need some wide camper jack extensions so that the front camper jacks are out wide enough to allow you to load the camper.

Hope this helps.

:)

Attachments

• Eagle on full sized dodge ram 2500.JPG
    Eagle on full sized dodge ram 2500.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 318
  • Eagle on full sized truck #3.JPG
    Eagle on full sized truck #3.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 297
Thanks a lot for the pics Stan, that looks funky. I can see a brand new Hawk in my future!:)

Thanks a lot for the pics Stan, that looks funky. I can see a brand new Hawk in my future!:)

If I'm not mistaken, less than a Hawk in width (Eagle, etc.) requires you and yours to sleep parallel to the truck, with the bed extension often interfering with useful items like the sink. That was the main reason I chose a Hawk, for the 9" additional width and the ability to sleep crosswise to the truck.

That's true but not a big deal imo, the Hawk and Eagle have the same size bed. What is useful is having a slightly wider couch and a hot shower in the Hawk. I priced out a new Hawk with the options I have...$18,000!! Without tax and misc so more like 20K. Are these things made of gold? Looks like I'll have to make due with the Eagle for now.

If I'm not mistaken, less than a Hawk in width (Eagle, etc.) requires you and yours to sleep parallel to the truck, with the bed extension often interfering with useful items like the sink. That was the main reason I chose a Hawk, for the 9" additional width and the ability to sleep crosswise to the truck.

I have seen some units like that as well not many but the odd one. One unit the guy had the right idea, he utilized the space between the truck and camper and made a slide out drawer. Granted its not very high but he got some use of that space. He also put a couple of doors on the side between the truck and camper at the tail gate area, and turned it into lockable storage up both sides. Any hoot thought i would pass on my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom