Forum Software update Tues May 28

Janet H

Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
We have tentatively scheduled a software update next Tuesday. The board will likely be offline for a while and we may have some kinks to work out once the update is done, but we are badly overdue. I'll post more about this as I have info.

This will be an update only. One step at a time..... :rolleyes:

Interesting new format.Something new to get used to,just when I was figuring out the old.
We will see if new tricks can be taught to an old dog.
Looks good so far. What are "warning" points???
Frank

Yeah except where is the "show all as read" button? I don't always read every discussion. It looks like now I'll have to.

We're still trying to get some of the kinks worked out but thanks for pointing out things that aren't working properly.

We setup a test site so we could practice the upgrade but the software vendors (Invision Power Board) were unwilling to help us resolve issues on the test server and insisted that they would only help on the live site. Normally we test, test, test and test some more so we know what issues to expect but in this case, if we wanted their help in resolving issues with their software, we had to give them access to the live site. We were ensured it would go smoothly but unfortunately it hasn't.

We're now scrambling to find an IPB expert to help us get the site working just like before. Once we get all settled on this latest version we'll get the smart phone apps submitted which will be a great way to participate from the backwoods. Please hang tight, excuse the mess and we'll get things dialed in as soon as possible.

If we can get it back to going to the last unread post would be nice. Always liked that feature. New software is always jarring at first. In a few weeks I'll forget what the old site looked like.

Doh, just saw the options under "new content". Had just what I wanted. But, I tried to edit my previous post and it would not save.

Looks very nice and seems to be working for me, though it took me a moment to figure out clicking the little folder icon would take me to my First Unread Post. Nice the server seems to remember where I was.

[Update: looks like the folder icon in the left column I mentioned for "next unread" has been changed to a small filled circle, which makes a little more sense.]

I agree with Frank! Help-finialy learned how to add photos, will I have to learn all over again? Anyway, this format seems more open and clear -are those the right words? Did someone say where is the "spell check" or where is the "help" button? I guess we see if us old horses can lean a new trick?

Smoke

Are the geographic spots and National Park information coming back? I found all that information helpful in trip planning or just dreaming of new places to go. It was a valuable part of my WTW experience.

Bseek said:
Where is my last 24 hours, last week button at the bottom of the page. This may be a deal breaker for me. I have gotten spoiled.
There's this:
WTW-new-content.jpg

Not on the bottom of the page, but on the left side...

Back
Top Bottom