Forum Software update Tues May 28

craig333 said:
Still not letting me edit or delete a post.
Craig, are you using an older-version browser? Maybe one that, like Riverrunner's lack of smilies, doesn't support some of the functions of this software?

If so, I suggest using the Chrome browser. It's free, it's Google -- what's not to like?!

Riverrunner said:
Here at home, I don't see the smiles on chrome. On IE10 I do see them although some look like they are missing... :p

At least on my laptop...

:ninja:
Odd...'cause I'm using Chrome and I see the smiliies... :unsure: . And it looks like there are 3 or 4 missing ones, with placeholders. :oops:

WTW-smiliest.jpg

too bad the roll-eyes smiley is not shown, but is there if you click on the little blue arrow on the right.

That is what I see on IE10.... :rolleyes: And on chrome.... On my desktop. So maybe my chrome on the laptop is old too. :oops:

Oh and the page on the "pages" tab is not working either.

Okay, reloaded and I can do it all. Without I can't edit, can't see the smilies. Probably has something to do with security. I run it high and with a few add ons too. :oops: I can live with it now I know how to work around it.

craig333 said:
I can't edit, can't see the smilies.
Having both issues today. I can live without smilies, but I really want to edit my current TR. I often publish a post, then tune it up when I can see how it looks online. Right now I'm stuck. Next step: research this thread backwards, maybe this has been addressed already.

Andy

P.S.
Using Chrome Version 26.0.1410.65

---------------
Just followed Bosque Bills suggestion above to reload and it worked. But reload before you edit or it will refresh without your edit, requiring a retyping.
Also, I noticed an odd quick flash on top of my screen with three dots on green background?

----------------

Confirmed, now the quick green box with dots appears and I can edit in and out of this post perfectly.

ski3pin said:
Are the geographic spots and National Park information coming back? I found all that information helpful in trip planning or just dreaming of new places to go. It was a valuable part of my WTW experience.
Yep me too! I have used those forums when I enter unknown territory to find places to go and camp!

Smoke

ski3pin said:
It looks like spell check is back and that the geographic areas and National Park sections are being worked on. :)
Yup - slow but steady progress. ;)

With the new format, how do I change the settings so there are more posts per page when I view a thread. I searched and searched but could not find it, must be in big letters on the main page?

Overland Hadley said:
With the new format, how do I change the settings so there are more posts per page when I view a thread. I searched and searched but could not find it, must be in big letters on the main page?
Did we have that control under the old format? :unsure: I never noticed that setting... How many posts are you seeing, OH? I'm seeing about 10.

MarkBC said:
Did we have that control under the old format? :unsure: I never noticed that setting... How many posts are you seeing, OH? I'm seeing about 10.
Mark,how do we get spell check back? I have it set up on my computer to check,but it doesn't seem to carry to this site.
Any help.
Thanks,Frank

MarkBC said:
Yes, 10 posts per page. I thought with the old setup I was able to change it to show more posts per page. Maybe that was just on another forum.

It's interesting that I have had spell check working when I post. Tonight I wanted to double check in reply to Frank. I discovered I am now getting automatic correction on simple misspellings and underlined in red words that have errors.

Some features of the site/software may be dependent on what browser you're using, e.g., Internet Explorer or Chrome, FireFox, Safari... And even within a given brand, if it's an old version it may not support modern features.
But I don't know which do/don't work best on this site.

Google Chrome is my favorite browser in general. :)

Back
Top Bottom