Forum Software update Tues May 28

craig333 said:
Still not letting me edit or delete a post.
Craig, are you using an older-version browser? Maybe one that, like Riverrunner's lack of smilies, doesn't support some of the functions of this software?

If so, I suggest using the Chrome browser. It's free, it's Google -- what's not to like?!

Riverrunner said:
Here at home, I don't see the smiles on chrome. On IE10 I do see them although some look like they are missing... :p

At least on my laptop...

:ninja:
Odd...'cause I'm using Chrome and I see the smiliies... :unsure: . And it looks like there are 3 or 4 missing ones, with placeholders. :oops:

WTW-smiliest.jpg

too bad the roll-eyes smiley is not shown, but is there if you click on the little blue arrow on the right.

That is what I see on IE10.... :rolleyes: And on chrome.... On my desktop. So maybe my chrome on the laptop is old too. :oops:

Oh and the page on the "pages" tab is not working either.

Okay, reloaded and I can do it all. Without I can't edit, can't see the smilies. Probably has something to do with security. I run it high and with a few add ons too. :oops: I can live with it now I know how to work around it.

craig333 said:
I can't edit, can't see the smilies.
Having both issues today. I can live without smilies, but I really want to edit my current TR. I often publish a post, then tune it up when I can see how it looks online. Right now I'm stuck. Next step: research this thread backwards, maybe this has been addressed already.

Andy

P.S.
Using Chrome Version 26.0.1410.65

---------------
Just followed Bosque Bills suggestion above to reload and it worked. But reload before you edit or it will refresh without your edit, requiring a retyping.
Also, I noticed an odd quick flash on top of my screen with three dots on green background?

----------------

Confirmed, now the quick green box with dots appears and I can edit in and out of this post perfectly.

ski3pin said:
Are the geographic spots and National Park information coming back? I found all that information helpful in trip planning or just dreaming of new places to go. It was a valuable part of my WTW experience.
Yep me too! I have used those forums when I enter unknown territory to find places to go and camp!

Smoke

It looks like spell check is back and that the geographic areas and National Park sections are being worked on. :)

ski3pin said:
It looks like spell check is back and that the geographic areas and National Park sections are being worked on. :)
Yup - slow but steady progress. ;)

With the new format, how do I change the settings so there are more posts per page when I view a thread. I searched and searched but could not find it, must be in big letters on the main page?

Overland Hadley said:
With the new format, how do I change the settings so there are more posts per page when I view a thread. I searched and searched but could not find it, must be in big letters on the main page?
Did we have that control under the old format? :unsure: I never noticed that setting... How many posts are you seeing, OH? I'm seeing about 10.

MarkBC said:
Did we have that control under the old format? :unsure: I never noticed that setting... How many posts are you seeing, OH? I'm seeing about 10.
Mark,how do we get spell check back? I have it set up on my computer to check,but it doesn't seem to carry to this site.
Any help.
Thanks,Frank

MarkBC said:
Yes, 10 posts per page. I thought with the old setup I was able to change it to show more posts per page. Maybe that was just on another forum.

It's interesting that I have had spell check working when I post. Tonight I wanted to double check in reply to Frank. I discovered I am now getting automatic correction on simple misspellings and underlined in red words that have errors.

Some features of the site/software may be dependent on what browser you're using, e.g., Internet Explorer or Chrome, FireFox, Safari... And even within a given brand, if it's an old version it may not support modern features.
But I don't know which do/don't work best on this site.

Google Chrome is my favorite browser in general. :)

Back
Top Bottom