Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

A daunting task for you guys I'm sure. It looks nice, and I'm sure it will function better for all of us, thanks

I had to create this new account to get logged in and would like it to be turned over into my existing account user name DLN. Thank You.
I had the same problem.My "handle" name Casa Escalata Robles Too is what now has to be
used to log in,not the original name I set the sign in with.Make any sense?
Try logging in with your original member name and password.That should work.
Frank

I'm liking it. Not nearly as hard to get used to as I expected. Somehow they managed to keep the feel of the original site. Good job.

I had to create this new account to get logged in and would like it to be turned over into my existing account user name DLN. Thank You.
We can merge this new account with the old one. Are you able to get logged into the old one?

You can log in with either DLN and the password on that account, or by using the email address and password.

You should also be able to request a new password using the forgot password link on the login page.

We can merge this new account with the old one. Are you able to get logged into the old one?

You can log in with either DLN and the password on that account, or by using the email address and password.

You should also be able to request a new password using the forgot password link on the login page.
The log in would not take the original password with the DLN user name and the change password would not get thru to our email. Please merge the two accounts for us.

I can do this but if I merge these into the old account and you are unable to reset the password how will you access it?

I can merge these 2 accounts into this new one (since you can access it) and then update the display name to DLN if that's acceptable?

I can do this but if I merge these into the old account and you are unable to reset the password how will you access it?

I can merge these 2 accounts into this new one (since you can access it) and then update the display name to DLN if that's acceptable?
Yes, that would work for me, let's give it a try.

I like a lot about the updated forum look and feel.

One question I have is regarding an older “build thread” I created back in 2016, and one I might add to periodically. When I began this thread adding media photos was pretty straightforward and easy. A change was made along the way, and thereafter I had to add photos to the photo gallery first, and then select them to be added to each post, but they remained a smaller thumbnail photo, not a full size photo attachment, which I never could figure out how to do. It appears now those photos have reference I guess to the old gallery, but now no longer show up even as a thumbnail you can see in the small format, but won’t even open to the photos when you place the curser on the reference line to try to open. So, myself, and those hoping to gain ideas from my build thread can no longer benefit from my learning experience, and suggestions for any current build they may be doing.

I haven’t tried posting any photos as described above with any new posts I might do. Regarding the above description on older threads am I missing something with how to open photos from previous WTW gallery?

I think I still have the photos under my gallery postings, they just aren’t showing up on the build thread.

Thanks, sorry for the long question.

Last edited:
Poky, your post made me curious about existing galleries. What I found is to get to your images…
Click on Media
Click on Your Content
Click on the photo you’re interested in
Click on the download arrow, then View
Then copy the photo, there are a couple of ways

You can then paste that into your content (Maybe, I’m still experimenting)

Edit: That didn’t work…🤬, but clicking on the picture icon does, just paste the copied photo into the box
full

One question I have is regarding an older “build thread” I created back in 2016, and one I might add to periodically. When I began this thread adding media photos was pretty straightforward and easy. A change was made along the way, and thereafter I had to add photos to the photo gallery...
I've made a change to better handle those old gallery images. Check your build thread now. I think most of the images are showing.

So my question would be... In the old software you were able to be in "Trucks" and could click on the icon for like FWC and you could mark read all post within. It seems you have to be inside the directory and then mark all post read.

I want to be looking at the directory list and just mark read post for say "Members Only" without going inside the directory to do it.

Two issues:

In Ski3pin's thread 'Front Suspension Damage' his pictures only have a small blue square with ? in middle. Nothing I have tried will display pictures. I have had other threads with this problem.

Is there a way to display all posts from today and maybe yesterday too. My normal procedure for response is to read a post, go on with my day as I formulate a response, then come back and post a hopefully understandable post.
I now need to go find the original thread in whatever forum it was posted in and usually fail, so no response is given.

Thanks

I see all photos in that thread, so suspect something is happening on your end. Do you have limited bandwidth?

Regarding seeing all posts. If I understand what you need, you can click on Show Only “Unread” left side of the green stripe mid page, and that will bring them up.

IMG_1177.png

Thank you for the quick response.
I see all photos in that thread, so suspect something is happening on your end. Do you have limited bandwidth? . . .
Apparently the problem is the picture format [.winp]. Safari says it can't open it. Bandwidth isn't the issue; the file is only about 400KB and I have opened larger pictures on this site.
. . . Regarding seeing all posts . . .
Looks like a workaround is to hit the Watch button on any threads I might want to comment on after thinking about it for a while.

Thanks again for your reply.

Thank you for the quick response.

Apparently the problem is the picture format [.winp]. Safari says it can't open it. Bandwidth isn't the issue; the file is only about 400KB and I have opened larger pictures on this site.

Looks like a workaround is to hit the Watch button on any threads I might want to comment on after thinking about it for a while.

Thanks again for your reply.
What version of Safari are you using? I am using Safari on my iPad running iPadOS 17.5.1 for most of the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom