Found One!

WarpathEngineering

I've found one! A used 90s Grandby on ebay. It needs replacement jacks though. Should I call the factory for replacements or does anyone know who sells mechanical jacks for a good price?

Sounds like you didn't have to search too long to find the FWC Granby of your dreams. I have found some models are rather difficult to find and others are much more popular. You were lucky in your search. Campers World may have the jacks your after. I have seen both mechanical and hydraulic type jacks on that site.

Jacks

Do you have a preferance on jacks? Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electric? I think Mechanical would be OK but never having used a slide in before...... I think the guy said the ones on the camper are hydraulic and he left them in the up positions for about a month and said they were locked up. If the screw isn't rusted solid, I would think that the hydraulics could be rebuilt. What do you think.

I agree with Marty. On my first FWC I had the hydraulic jacks. On my second I have the mechanical jacks. I recommend the mechanical jacks. Try looking on ebay or maybe JCWhitney for jacks.

Back
Top Bottom