Four Canyons and a Basin plus snow

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
We had talked about going to visit some of the canyon NP's so this was a spur of the moment trip and it worked out great.We can adapt our trips to changes in weather or other things pretty well.
We usually start out with basic ideas and go from there.Map out choices and different places to stay so it something catches us of guard we are flexible enough to change.
Thanks to DD for his write up on his camping site for the info on Red Rocks Canyon and to Fergie,from Flagstaff for his info on the north rim.
Hope you enjoy.
four canyons and a basin plus snow

Frank

Thought you might have got snow at Bryce, the sky was very dark when we came down I-15 looking back at Bryce.
Enjoyed your report.

Bill

billharr said:
Thought you might have got snow at Bryce, the sky was very dark when we came down I-15 looking back at Bryce.
Enjoyed your report.

Bill
We were at Bryce Friday afternoon.Didn't spend any nights there.Instead went to Kodachrome to spend the time.Walked some trails at Bryce,just rain drops and some popcorn snow but no big storm yet.
Frank

Frank, the Lady and I really enjoyed your report and your idea of just taking off and doing this trip! Wish we could be influenced by the moon like that! Lots of great places out there to explore and we appreciate you sharing your perspective. And, you got to run into another Wanderer of the West.

We have spent much time in Ely and recommend the ghost train. We pulled into Ely one time, checked out the train, and they were doing a special wine train evening trip up the Steptoe Valley. For some reason that sounded like fun to a couple of non drinkers. Maybe we thought we'd be hanging out with a more sophisticated crowd. It was so much fun. We were seated across from a couple from Las Vegas. Let's just say their lifestyle was completely different from ours, a world apart. A world we didn't even know existed. The woman obviously had lots of store bought work done and was very proud of it. It was quite a train ride out in the middle of no where. I believe we were the only sober people when the train pulled back into the station. When you see they are doing a wine train run on the ghost train, do it.

ski3pin said:
Frank, the Lady and I really enjoyed your report and your idea of just taking off and doing this trip! Wish we could be influenced by the moon like that! Lots of great places out there to explore and we appreciate you sharing your perspective. And, you got to run into another Wanderer of the West.

We have spent much time in Ely and recommend the ghost train. We pulled into Ely one time, checked out the train, and they were doing a special wine train evening trip up the Steptoe Valley. For some reason that sounded like fun to a couple of non drinkers. Maybe we thought we'd be hanging out with a more sophisticated crowd. It was so much fun. We were seated across from a couple from Las Vegas. Let's just say their lifestyle was completely different from ours, a world apart. A world we didn't even know existed. The woman obviously had lots of store bought work done and was very proud of it. It was quite a train ride out in the middle of no where. I believe we were the only sober people when the train pulled back into the station. When you see they are doing a wine train run on the ghost train, do it.
Thanks Ski.We also enjoy the trains riding or just watching them chug around.
A lot of out trips are seat of the pants types.As long as you can be flexible they work out.Not just the driving,finding a spot but being able to adjust to meals.
It's nice to meet other members and visit.One of these days I am going to come visit you when we see our friends up that way.
Frank

Here are a few more photos that didn't make the trip report cut.
Frank

Attachments

• DSCN6319.jpg
    DSCN6319.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN6375.jpg
    DSCN6375.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN6407.jpg
    DSCN6407.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN6477.jpg