Four Wheel Camper Classic announcement up

imix

Advanced Member
Stan mentioned it in a post a few days ago, FWC new classic model, comparable to ATC's offerings, but slightly cheaper. Looks like the FWC's of old.

http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/tcm-exclusive:-2010-four-wheel-camper-classic/

Adjusted for inflation its almost exactly what Four Wheel Campers were selling for a decade ago. Kudos to FWC for seeing the need for a more basic model. Maybe competition from ATC is to thank, or maybe they would have seen the need in the marketplace and responded.

Stan mentioned it in a post a few days ago, FWC new classic model, comparable to ATC's offerings, but slightly cheaper. Looks like the FWC's of old.

http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/tcm-exclusive:-2010-four-wheel-camper-classic/

Adjusted for inflation its almost exactly what Four Wheel Campers were selling for a decade ago. Kudos to FWC for seeing the need for a more basic model. Maybe competition from ATC is to thank, or maybe they would have seen the need in the marketplace and responded.

ok as a bobcat owner this is very similar the main difference is the extended cab and 4" mattress also the extra width of the ATC.all these differences might be things future buyers may want or not,still the two are different and similar at the same time(make sense?)one thing that one may not notice is that the counter top is about 4" higher,there again not a biggie but for shorter campers its not as comfortable standing there to cook or whatever as your counter top at home.true a small difference but my wife enjoys that difference.we noticed that one on the eagle when we visited FWC before buying ATC.price is close but add the extended cab if it is an option and the cost is about the same.don't get me wrong both campers are exceptional its all in personal choice. this is still america after all.just my rambling thoughts. oh forgot with ATC screen door,dead bolt and sliding window,no extra charge.just keeping em honest.frank

We have been so darn busy with the trade shows I haven't had much time to focus on this model yet.

I don't have a price list in my hotel room, darn it, but I will check when I get to the show in the AM.

I'm 99.99% sure the "extended cabover w/ the 4" mattress" is a standard item on the "Classic FWC Smaller Models (like the Eagle & Fleet), not an upcharge. But let me check to make sure.

The Classic FWC's have a much lower counter top too. We are building the cabinets like the older FWC's. Very comfortable height now.

We can build the Eagle Model 69" wide, or 75" wide, so the customer can choose a narrower camper, or a wider camper if they want a bit more room inside.

Dead bolt in a standard item on the Classic FWC.

But I do think we are still charging for the "screen door" option and the "front opening window" option, if the customer wants them. So ATC has got us on that one.

Our base price is just a tad less, so that will probably come close to balancing out the differene, I think ? But maybe not. I have not crunched any numbers yet.

We will be readjusting (lowering) some of our options prices too, in the next few weeks (during the April 1st price adjustment), so I guess we can see what shakes out when the big boss make all of the final adjustments.

I worked with Jeff for a few years, he knows this type of camper very well !

He will build his customer a great camper.

Either brand of camper (ATC or FWC) will treat you well and should hold up for a long time.

Some people will like the ATC campers better, or might enjoy working with Marty & Jeff, over the FWC staff.

We totally understand that.

But we also invite all the customers to check both companies out so they can see the differences for themself.

Having more options & choices as a buyer is a good thing !

Having competition has helped us make some positive changes and in the end I think the customers are reaping the rewards.

:)

==================================================================================================

ok as a bobcat owner this is very similar the main difference is the extended cab and 4" mattress also the extra width of the ATC.all these differences might be things future buyers may want or not,still the two are different and similar at the same time(make sense?)one thing that one may not notice is that the counter top is about 4" higher,there again not a biggie but for shorter campers its not as comfortable standing there to cook or whatever as your counter top at home.true a small difference but my wife enjoys that difference.we noticed that one on the eagle when we visited FWC before buying ATC.price is close but add the extended cab if it is an option and the cost is about the same.don't get me wrong both campers are exceptional its all in personal choice. this is still america after all.just my rambling thoughts. oh forgot with ATC screen door,dead bolt and sliding window,no extra charge.just keeping em honest.frank

Back
Top Bottom