Free furnace

trasko

Advanced Member
Free furnace -- unknown condition. I got it with what was described as a 1985 FWC Grandby. I've gotten word from some experts that the camper is more like a mid-70's Grandby. I dunno. My propane bottle's connection didn't fit on the camper's fitting so it is untested. I was told it worked, however. For now I'm planning on keeping the external vent stuff since otherwise I'd have a big hole in the camper.

Free to whoever picks it up! I may be convinced to ship if no one picks it up.

I am in the Emeryville/Oakland/Berkeley area of the Bay area, CA.

1200297580_zwhBH-M.jpg

1200299859_uJL6m-M.jpg

1200299456_gX6Ey-M.jpg

Hey Trasko,It looks like your rebuilding part of your camper.I have a 88 Grandby and live in Antioch not far from you.If you come across any of the drawer or sliding cabinet latches please let me know,I have tried to locate the original style with the side push latch and so far no luck. Good luck on you project

Hey Trasko,It looks like your rebuilding part of your camper.I have a 88 Grandby and live in Antioch not far from you.If you come across any of the drawer or sliding cabinet latches please let me know,I have tried to locate the original style with the side push latch and so far no luck. Good luck on you project

I cut out a portion from one of the above pictures to show some detail. Is this the kind you mean?

Attachments

• drawer_latch.jpg
    drawer_latch.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 114
I had one of those in a 1968 Huntsman. It does not use electricity. Has anyone used a furnace like this enough to be able to compare it with a more modern unit? John D

I would love to take this furnace off your hands. I work for FEDEX and can make shipping very easy for you. I sent you a PM to explain. Thanks.

I would love to take this furnace off your hands. I work for FEDEX and can make shipping very easy for you. I sent you a PM to explain. Thanks.

I replied to your PM. Let's work it out.

Trasko, Yes that is the style I am looking for. Let me know if you find any.Thanks Roy

Trasko, Yes that is the style I am looking for. Let me know if you find any.Thanks Roy

PM me you address I'll send you what I have.

If you come across any of the drawer or sliding cabinet latches please let me know

Oh gosh, I need one of those latches as well. Been using a nail to keep the sliding door shut for years now. I have looked at several places and nothing is close.

Let me know if you have more or a source.

Also, I have the plastic roof rack plugs if anyone needs some.
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4401/

Thanks,
Jeff

Hopefully you don't see too many takers for the rack plugs. I offered those up a few years ago and got a few takers. Plastic and rubber ones. Still have a bunch left.

PM me you address I'll send you what I have.

Roy you should get them Tuesday. Having some issues sending out the furnace -- will send PM to the other guy about that.

Back
Top Bottom