free parts Alaskan Camper

2 mo-mylz

I just finished a little upgrade to my 1983 CO. After many years of battling the hydraulic cylinders (all the usual problems) I went to eclectic actuators. Now the roof goes up level in 1 minute and comes down in 1 minute regardless of the temperature. I also replaced the stove/oven with a 4 burner stove top and converted the oven space into much needed storage. Sooo… I have 4 hydraulic cylinders, a hydraulic pump and a Wedgewood 3 burner stove to give away. All in functioning order. Contacted me if you're interested and we can make delivery/pick up arrangements.

That is really generous of you! I don't suppose you are in Arizona?

My question, though: Do you have a write-up on the conversion, especially for the hydraulic lift replacement? That would be interesting to see.

My Co is a 1983. In good condition, but I did'nt want to put a ton of cash into it. That being said the conversion to electric actuators cost about $700. For me that was well worth it. I camp in cold weather most of the time and the roof would'nt come down all that easy. Changing the fluid seasonally was a pain not to mention leaky O-rings, uneven up and down, etc....
Not sure whether this transformation would work I made my best guess. I bought five actuators ( PA-14-24-150) these have a 24 inch stroke and can lift 150lbs each. One actuator is a spare. ($119 each). Two momentary switches 20A ($30 each) and eight mounting brackets (8.50 each). One switch controls the two actuators in front and the other the rear. I push both switches at the same time and up/down it goes.
The mounting brackets have a pin - top and bottom that are easy to remove. Additionally, I used two prong trailer plugs on each actuator including the spare. "IF" an actuator were to go bad it could be changed out in 5 minutes without any mess. Actuator have an 18 month warranty. I have raised/lowered the roof approx. 60 times and haven't had any trouble.
If you want to spend more money, you can purchase actuators that can lift more weight, run faster, remote control fob, and a synchronizing control box that will move the four actuators at the exact same speed with one button. $$$$
However, I'm satisfied with the conversion. There are many venders that sell actuators. I used progressiveautomation.com

Back
Top Bottom