Fridge/Fire Extinguisher (Hawk)

cdbrow1

So I have a brand new Hawk with the front dinette and something that really bugs me...

FWC has placed the fire extinguisher right below the fridge in my Hawk .

Now as we all know stuff moves around in those RV fridges no matter what we do to try and stop it.

The Fire extinguisher is a model in which the top part of the trigger appears to moves down to spray and a small red tab keeps the trigger from being pressed by accident.

Twice now in 2 weeks beverages have fallen out of the fridge when opened and landed on the top trigger part of the extinguisher. The red tab has fallen out and the unit is for all purposes "armed" and ready to use. If a second beverage falls on the extinguisher in this state it could create a real mess.

I plan to buy a different extinguisher, but just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this issue.

The Container Store (or facsimile) has little plastic containers to organize beverages and other stuff. It also maximizes your storage and secures food inside so it does not roam around when off road. I never have problems with stuff falling out. BTW, my extinguisher was factory mounted under the window on the rear bulkhead. I'm actually thinking of moving mine where you discribe.

I have a 2014 front dinette Grandby, and never had the problem. First all beer, wine, OJ, etc. is in a cooler in the truck. Our 80 amp compressor fridge, has food only. My question is what type of fridge do you have. Our 80 amp shelves have vertical faces, and to date we have never had anything fall out. There is a little offset/overhang that I think our fire extinguisher is under. I think we are careful when we open the door, but this has never been an issue. I suppose if you have it packed to the gills with cans and bottles, it is possible that things will come flying out after a drive. Click on my blog and then on our camper mods. There is a picture of our fire extinguisher. Is this where yours is located?

longhorn1 said:
I have a 2014 front dinette Grandby, and never had the problem. First all beer, wine, OJ, etc. is in a cooler in the truck. Our 80 amp compressor fridge, has food only. My question is what type of fridge do you have. Our 80 amp shelves have vertical faces, and to date we have never had anything fall out. There is a little offset/overhang that I think our fire extinguisher is under. I think we are careful when we open the door, but this has never been an issue. I suppose if you have it packed to the gills with cans and bottles, it is possible that things will come flying out after a drive. Click on my blog and then on our camper mods. There is a picture of our fire extinguisher. Is this where yours is located?
I have the 80 liter model. My fridge and extingisher are in the same place, roughly, but I have the self contained option do I have the casesette toilet instead if the cabinet.

I use bins to keep the fridge organized, but sometimes it seems like they are working against me. The fridge has been pretty packed since I was using it to store drinks during our office move. Perhaps I need to try it out with less stuff in there.

Back
Top Bottom