Front dinette side windows

ottorogers

One thing I don’t understand is why there are 2 useless side windows on a front dinette model, no way to see out of them unless the dinette is folded down for a bed, at that time it’s night and you want privacy, I wish there were no side windows at all, maybe I’m missing something??

ottorogers said:
One thing I don’t understand is why there are 2 useless side windows on a front dinette model, no way to see out of them unless the dinette is folded down for a bed, at that time it’s night and you want privacy, I wish there were no side windows at all, maybe I’m missing something??
One is the emergency exit. Like the sofa, you can't see out unless it is in bed mode. Never been a concern and now our windows are covered with 2 layers of reflectex.

longhorn1 said:
One is the emergency exit. Like the sofa, you can't see out unless it is in bed mode. Never been a concern and now our windows are covered with 2 layers of reflectex.
I’ll be applying reflectex soon, I get the emergency exit idea, 1 side window would suffice (for me)

We got the side dinette so we could look out the window (also so we could put a bike inside -- longer floor). But you have to duck down low, or stand up to see out the windows. Oye. I guess if we are "camping" we should go outside, eh?!

If camping with the top down, the side windows do allow for cross ventilation. That being said, I do miss the big side window on my old Ranger II. We have carried our bikes inside our Grandby by taking off the wheels and pedals and laying them on the covered up bed, but they usually go on a rack on the back or on our trailer.

We rarely use our front dinette, leaving it in the bed set-up for the dogs. They would be a little miffed if they didn't have windows to look out.

I occasionally sleep in the front dinette either because i have the top down in super cold nights or my significant other has the jimmy-legs and i opt out of the bed and i must say opening the curtain at sunrise and laying there keeps the claustrophobia at bay.

ottorogers said:
My bed is down and opening the front left window and having the MaxxFan on exhaust give a nice breeze.

patrkbukly said:
I occasionally sleep in the front dinette either because i have the top down in super cold nights or my significant other has the jimmy-legs and i opt out of the bed and i must say opening the curtain at sunrise and laying there keeps the claustrophobia at bay.
I've never heard the term "jimmy-legs" before. I have the restless leg thing and call it jittery-legs. Too funny though.

Back
Top Bottom