Frozen weather, frozen stuff. Is it still functional?

I got my camper Nov 2015 and camped all winter, and all winter 2016. I didn't expect to not camp this winter!
I drained the water and ran the pump, but I was so used to using it at least a couplea times a month, I didn't consider the other stuff inside the camper! Boo.

I would be careful using your bear spray for "practice". If you do want to try this, make sure you shoot it downwind (and not a strong wind due to eddies) and not anywhere it will impact people or animals ('sides bears or charging moose). If you have not been around it, it when discharged, it is really potent stuff. They make inert spray for practice.

I didn't know they make inert spray for practice. I know that it's smart to practice so you know how it feels and functions and all of that. So, inert practice spray, eh? Well, now that's just something else I'll need to get!

Be careful about opening the top when it is below freezing. The flexible material isn't all that flexible when it's frozen. You can run your heater for a while to loosen things up.

Hi Bseek!
OH! Good point! Glad I didn't try today - I hadn't thought of that. It's supposed to be a high of 23 tomorrow. Oooh, double digits!
That said, I think I'll wait til it gets over freezing.
And I'll run the heater first. But do I need to worry about frozen gas lines or another gas-related potential dangers?

No need to be concerned with the propane system, it's fine. I would run a cord and heat it up with an electric heater, good dry heat. Ron

I was thinking about getting a small space heater for my house - my floors don't seem to be insulated in this rental so my furnace runs a lot. Boo. And Brr!
Perhaps this getting it for my camper too is the extra excuse I need. :D
I'll pick one up after work tomorrow.

takesiteasy said:
Dawn, good luck with the warmup. Take it from me, it could be worse... :)
Thanks! and true - I could be in Whitefield, NH, where NOAA has it as the coldest today at -33F whoa.

Back
Top Bottom