Full length tracks for Yakima racks

telebrewer

Advanced Member
Has anyone installed the full length tracks for the sliding Yakima racks? I think they call them 110 inchers. If so, what did you do to seal them for water leakage? It looks like they just run down the stringers and screw into them. Thanks...

I installed racks (not Yakima tracks) and used 3M silicone to seal the base as well as each screw. No leaks so far. Somebody mentioned a specific brand/grade of silicone in the past, I'm sure you could do a search.

feel free to call Chicali in our service dept

he might be able to give you some good tips & tricks on how we do it

it will take a few hours to do it right, but should be easy

CHICALI (800) 242-1442

Happy Camping !

Attachments

• yakamiatracksextended.jpg
    yakamiatracksextended.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 312
  • Yakima Roof Racks 11.JPG
    Yakima Roof Racks 11.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 292
  • Yakima Track Sample 2.JPG
    Yakima Track Sample 2.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 289
Hey Sunny why not 3M 5200?

Ah, 5200...I think that is what I was referencing that somebody had mentioned. I just used a tube I already had in the garage....holding tight, no leaks...keepin' my fingers crossed.

No leaks no drips no errors and no way in hell of getting the racks off. I love that stuff.
It must be a boat/beach thing.

Has anyone installed the full length tracks for the sliding Yakima racks? I think they call them 110 inchers. If so, what did you do to seal them for water leakage? It looks like they just run down the stringers and screw into them. Thanks...

Goto Yakima's site and download the mounting instructions. The diagrams explain it well. You may need to use different mounting hardware.

IIRC, you mount a small plastic washer with silicone around each hole. When you attach the rails, the washers nest in and press against the rubber gasket that runs the length of the track. Watertight on my Snugtop shell.

Hope this helps

S

Back
Top Bottom