Future Rallys

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
After the great success of our DV rally, many have expressed interest in more group events this year. Talking to folks on the trip, some have expressed that advanced notice is key to being able to participate. I figure we can throw around some ideas for future events.

I for one would LOVE to make a Colorado rally a reality this summer.

For Spring we could look at Central Nevada and Blackrock Desert in NE Nevada as separate events.

Any other ideas and/or thoughts would be appreciated!

AZ Pop-Up Bowl 2009

AZ Pop-Up Bowl 2009 will likely occur in October or November... Exactly where and when still TBD.

I think the key to a rally is as simple as one individual taking charge and providing time and place.

Both great ideas. Finances will likely prohibit me this summer but I sure would like to continue the tradition.

With enough notice I can make anywhere in Co or eastern Utah July or Aug. I would love to join in all the fun.
Doug

We could probably make one or the other and maybe even both. If we have to choose, I would hold out for Colorado.

I've got a superbowl party this weekend but I'm free after that.
Maybe we could build a large wooden statue in the Blackrock Desect and burn it. Just an idea

Dick

Sedona, AZ

Sedona anyone? Too bad it's such a drive, but well worth it. We're interested in just about anywhere. It will be just a matter of when and can it fit in the schedule.

If you have one at the Lost Coast, or at a race track near you I'll go.

We were hoping you would extend last years invite to crash on your property :D

I Knew That's What You Were Thinking

So, tomorrow I'll post a picture of my parking area, see what you think, gotta warn you though this is wild country, that for some reason has an unsavory reputation in some circles, just my kind of place.

It's Now Or Never

Ok, we've been through this before, this kept me up most of the night, is this something you might regret? is it safe? who are these people? ...........Oh what the hell, I'll try anything once. So here's the deal, I've got room for quite a few campers, because most of these campers are located on the west coast the possible turnout has me wondering, but I guess we can work it out, I live about 6 mi. from Shelter Cove, lots of camp space there if needed. It's the last week in April or the first week in May for me. I need to know if there is going to be much interest, so I have some idea of what I'm in for. I envision a major barbacue, as in whole hog in the pit, we're good at it. One thing I might mention, if you think you might find yourself pretty far right from center, well there's always Death Valley. Posted a couple of pics. of the Whitethorn RV park, note the abundant wild life.

Attachments

• my pictures001.jpg
    my pictures001.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 237
  • my pictures003.jpg
    my pictures003.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 225
I'm not going to any WTW rally until the bumper stickers are in! :p ;) :D

Check the sticker thread - we've had those for a few weks :)

has an unsavory reputation in some circles

Well if its "unsavory" now, think of what people will be saying after the WTW crew has rolled through the place!

What kind of weather can we expect in early May? I'm for setting a date and going for it. Turn down a pig roast? Not me!

Weather

Judging from what we've seen so far this winter it's anybodys guess, but it's generally good, that said it's the coast so anything can happen. It needs a name, "THROWDOWN IN WHITETHORN" or something like that. Maybe we need a THROWDOWN Thread?

Judging from what we've seen so far this winter it's anybodys guess, but it's generally good, that said it's the coast so anything can happen. It needs a name, "THROWDOWN IN WHITETHORN" or something like that. Maybe we need a THROWDOWN Thread?

Sure start one up with the name of your choice and we'll get this figure out :)

I'm thinking of heading to southern NM in late March. Anyone interested in a NM rally?

Back
Top Bottom