8th Annual SoCal 4 Wheel Campers Offroad Rally - Ocotillo Wells December 6th - 8th - Updated July 10

kkug said:
Hi all Yes i am late to the game . Been enjoying camping LOL. Yes still plan on doing it. check back for information .
Cool you will be doing it! Wonderful you are out camping, still a ways off anyway. I am going to Oregon myself tomorrow for a few weeks to camp. Nothing better than the outdoors!

Just one question -
If you have a idea of a date that will help a few folks so they can ask for time off to add to the days needed for the rally.
Would this be just a day like Thurs and arrive Fri at the Rally or ?

Hi Craig,

That's the curse of the working class...Not having enough time to play. though I forget that retired you NEED to keep working so that I can get my social security. as long as it lasts. Panamint is probably more fun for a diehard Jeep guy as you to visit old buildings and mine sites. All we do at Ocotillo is party and visit. :D .

Well I suppose some exercise their 4WD on the sand.

I copied this from last year . Changed the date but every elsething is the same .We realy had a good time last year so try to make it .

[SIZE=14pt]Hello Four Wheel Camper Rally Attendees:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]One of our awesome customers is going to host a "Pre-Rally" trip through Coyote Canyon in Anza Borrego State Park, if you might be interested? This would be a short 4x4 trip before the rally. Something you would do on the way to the weekend event. This is not a FWC Sponsored event, but it should be fun if you have an extra couple of days before the rally to wander around the desert.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Date: Thursday December 5th[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Meet Location: Christmas Circle Park (downtown Borrego Springs)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]600 Christmas Circle Drive, Borrego Springs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Meet time: 12:30pm. Depart promptly at 1pm[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Trail Master : Ken Kugel[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]RSVP or questions to Ken at [/SIZE][SIZE=13pt]advkug@gmail.commailto:advkug@gmail.commailto:advkug@gmail.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Note: Ken will need a volunteer “Back Door” person with a portable radio. If you can do it please contact him for details.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Open to maximum of 10 rigs (truck and camper).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Details:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]1.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]4x4 vehicles only due to sand and one sandy bottom water crossing.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]2.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Dispersed Dry camping (No developed campsites).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]3.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Park Fire Rules apply (Fire in Metal containers only).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]4.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Bring a chair, small table, food for yourself and firewood to share.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]5.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Bring 2 way portable radio.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thursday December 5th Itinerary:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]12:30pm -- Meet Christmas Circle, Borrego Springs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1pm -- Depart for Coyote Canyon[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Explore[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]3:30pm -- Arrive camping area, set up camp. One fire ring. Etc.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Friday December 6th [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]10am -- Break camp take overland route to Ocotillo Wells Arriving about 3pm[/SIZE]

THE IN LIST

1-kkug
2-Kramme
3-Mario --out
4-Bill Schmidt
5-Erik and Kim Claus
6-Kyle C--out
7-Joe Pardue
8-Fireman 7 Bud
9-David Favour --out
10-

Mabey List
1-Knoxswift
2-Lainie Levick--out
3-
4-
5-

I have a friend who is very interested in buying a four wheel camper. She would like to come down to the rally so she can check them out. Is that allowed ?

Just got my ticket and look forward to traveling with Ken and others on the pre-galley trip. Appreciate Ken and the FWC folks for putting all this together.

Mario

Toddhom said:
I have a friend who is very interested in buying a four wheel camper. She would like to come down to the rally so she can check them out. Is that allowed ?
Oh yeah, great way to see a variety of rigs. We had a few of those at the first rally I attended.

knoxswift said:
I'm not sure I can make the 4x4 trip prior this year...I'll have to RSVP last minute...see if I can get off work.
You were one of the founding campers -we would love to have you . Hope to see you

TodHom,

Yes of course its allowed. Four Wheel brings 3 or 4 models anyone can look at, plus its an opportunity for the visitors to talk with the owners.
We've had ours for over 7 years. Even though its just an improved shell model we love it. And use it a lot ...except for this year. Lots of family interruptions took precedence.

There is always next year. :D

I’m going to this event. I will bringing a guitar or two. I hope other musicians bring their instruments as well

A little bit of rain today should make for no dust this weekend. We have about Five for the pre rally. See you soon.

33 rigs attended. Everyone seemed to have a good time even though the weather on Saturday was rainy and colder than Jim likes it. Food was excellent as always with a catered meal on Friday and spaghetti on Saturday.

Bob Wohlers did a clinic on Saturday and Ken led a trail ride on Saturday and pre-trail ride on Thursday before the rally..

Back
Top Bottom