FWC Eagle Weatherstrip Help

capt4511

Hoping someone can provide me with some details. I am looking for the style and dimensions of the weatherstripping that comes stock on the newer (2011+ maybe) FWC campers. Specifically the weatherstripping in the front of the camper just above the two front latches that fits under the lip of the camper top as it's lowered.

I took a pic of where it would go on the newer campers identified with arrows. Pictured is my 2001 Eagle and I would like to add that piece of weatherstripping. I am assuming it is a D style weatherstrip, but am hoping someone can confirm. Additionally, if would be able to provide me with the approximate size (height and width), that would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_6712.JPG
    IMG_6712.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 111
Hi Captian
That molding could probably be purchased at All Terrain Camper, or ask Jeff where you might find it on the internet.
I believe it’s specific for the trim screwed to the camper.
Good luck.

Hope this helps.

Russ

Hi Everyone,

I think my picture is misleading. I am not in need of the black trim inset in the white channel that goes around the whole camper, but the bulb type weatherstrip that sits on top of ledge where I put the arrows. The weatherstrip meets the top as it comes down and prevents water from getting up in the top while driving. It only goes on the front and wraps around both sides about 15 inches.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

I believe you're referring to 'P-strip' or 'P-shaped strip'. You can see a reference to it in this thread....

Leaking 2001 Hawk

Unfortunately, that thread doesn't give detail on dimensions.

I vaguely remember calling FWC about it five or six years ago and it was available from them at the time. But then I found the source of my leak was the silicone sealant at the roof trim so I didn't order it. I later learned that older FWC campers like mine were assembled without butyl under the roof-edge trim so they are more susceptible to leaks than the later campers and keeping an eye on that sealant is more critical.

Hello. I just replaced the rubber "weather stripping"/rubber seal on my 2007 Hawk. I purchased the rubber seal from the 4WC dealer in Rancho Cucamonga. What they gave me is the material that's used for new campers - which is exactly what was used on my 2007 as well. Great guys there. Super willing to help - even on my older rig! My old rubber seal was torn and possibly responsible for leaks. Replacing it was simple. I removed the screws to loosen the aluminum molding holding the seal from the front and down a couple feet on both sides. The seal is installed only on the front and front sides of the camper (As I'm sure you know). I pulled the old one out, fit the new one in the same location and screwed everything back in, using polyurethane on the screw heads. One heads up... Screw the trim back in from the attached side forward on both sides. This will eliminate the possibility of "slack" in the metal trim. How do I know? I did it twice. 30 min job. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom