FWC Exterior Photos

I’m jealous, we went backpacking this weekend so didn’t get to use the FWC :( Here are some old pics…

Attachments

• 20070603003.jpg
    20070603003.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 738
  • 20070318008.jpg
    20070318008.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 743
  • 20070318002.jpg
    20070318002.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 733
jim, great pics, thanks for posting! it important to get out backpacking too everyonce and a while...help me appreciate how nice it is to have the camper...but nothin' quite like sleeping under the stars!

I like sleeping under the stars backpacking. In fact I won't even put up a tent. And if its too cold, wet, bugs etc, for that, I'd rather be in the camper :D

Here's a couple of our ATC taken at Wrights Beach.....

Attachments

• phpuZcxjtPM.jpg
    phpuZcxjtPM.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 678
  • phpyOWIsEPM.jpg
    phpyOWIsEPM.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 697
dirty dog, your roof rack is exactly what i am looking for...mind telling me what model you got, where you mounted it and how difficult it was...and how do you like it. we have two dogs so it gets a bit tight with the 4 of us loaded up, we are driving to maine in 2 months and i would like to have the roof rack figured out by then...nice photo by the way...looks like you guys had a great time!

I had the rack tracks installed as an option on my new FWC. The rest is just standard Yakima stuff. It worked well. My only complaint is that it was a bit tricky for one person to load a bike, but I got the hang of it (step ladder was required).

dirtydog, whats it like raising the roof on the camper when you have gear/stuff in the yakima boxes? what do you keep up there? does it affect the operation of your roof vent?

dirtydog, whats it like raising the roof on the camper when you have gear/stuff in the yakima boxes? what do you keep up there? does it affect the operation of your roof vent?

Any weight on the top at all makes lifting the roof extremely difficult. Even an empty rocket box made it too hard to safely do by myself. I almost broke my neck trying it. However, it is an easy job for two people - one to lift up on the roof with both arms, and a second for the easy job of moving the end panel in place.

thats good to know...thanks dd. any input as to how you use the rocket boxes...clothes/gear etc.? how do you access them?

thats good to know...thanks dd. any input as to how you use the rocket boxes...clothes/gear etc.? how do you access them?

I only used it for that one trip. We had three guys, camping, MTB, and rafting gear so we needed a lot of storage space. I brought a six foot ladder on that trip to get gear off the roof.

The rocket box sat far enough to the side that it didn't interfere with the fan vent.

Two-guns ghost town in Arizona

Attachments

• DSC03349 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03349 (Medium).JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 661
at the Top and Bottom of Pikes Peak, CO

Attachments

• DSC03953 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03953 (Medium).JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 681
  • DSC03975 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03975 (Medium).JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 658
awesome shots! really sharp set up! wha tis your camper sitting on? looks like its higher off the bed of the truck than mine...i remember a previous post discussing some mounting issues, did you get that figured out? obviously, but how?

I finally got around to posting some exterior pics thanks to some sizing help from DD. Thanks for the advise and quick response DD. I will follow up with some information and more photos of the back porch/tailgate.
Also see "HELP What Step Combo... by pvstoy for more tailgate photos

Attachments

• phpcr0mFVPM.jpg
    phpcr0mFVPM.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 610
  • phpq6i9dhPM.jpg
    phpq6i9dhPM.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 601
  • phpo4TyxmPM.jpg
    phpo4TyxmPM.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 631
  • php5KTKURPM.jpg
    php5KTKURPM.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 610
Rack/step...

Nicely done, DLN. I like the wood idea and you did a nice job with it.
Brian

Thanks Brian.
I worked as a cabinet maker and finish carpenter in a previous work life so wood was a natural for the first attempt. The finish product is supposed to be a steel frame with teak planking, steel mount, and steel hinges with a sliding removable nature to allow for a 2" receiver with the porch removed.

sweet! thanks for posting, nice to see another taco:D , and now on to the interior!

I really like that. Many is the time I just want to sit a few and not drag out a chair. The dog might even be able to get in that way.

Back
Top Bottom