FWC Grandby questions

DirtZombie

Hi guys, kinda new the FWC world and had a few questions. Looking to buy a used one soon.

Has someone already put together the differences of each year for Grandby and other FWC models? I've been trying to find something but no luck so far.

The top bunk sleeping space of the Grandby looks to be small. I'm looking at a few online older versions (around mid 80s) What is the width? Is there a slide out to make the bed area larger? could 2 adults sleep there? Or maybe there are different sized versions.

thanks.

DirtZombie, welcome to WtW. FWC would be able to answer the history part. I'm not sure when they started offering the pull-out extender to a queen and king. Our 2014 Grandby pulls out to a queen. The fiberglass lift panels, door latch were new. The screen door became a standard option. The securement points were upgraded. There are several videos, on the FWC Web site, including one on 2014-2015 upgrades. Tom does a great job on the videos. Good luck. Jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Grandby top bunk without pullout is 76" X 47". With pullout cushions added it is queen size.

Pullout option is now standard. Grandby made in the 80s may not have the pullout if the original owner did not purchase that option.

Top bunk without pullout could sleep two kids easy. Two adults would be a little crowded, but it would work if you are friendly.

Don't forget the 'extended cabover'. Not sure what year it became standard, wasn't an option in 1997 when I bought my first one. Puts more of the bed over the cab, so the distance inside for the pullout could be smaller. In my 1997 it pulled out to become more like a full-size bed, not the 60" of a standard queen bed.

This is easy to see visually from outside.

Back
Top Bottom