FWC Motorcycle hunter

Barko1

My FWC has become my tool for running off and buying mototcycles I don't really need :) . My last was a 76 Suzuki 750 I ran to Oklahoma for, I'll turn a profit on that one, which I quickly spent on this one, head out tomorrow for it, was going that way anyway. This is a 91, nice and clean, Aprilia Trial bike. Should get me anywhere the FWC can't go!

IMG0416-M.jpg

Awesome.

I was going to try one of these back in the day, but then I discovered mtn bikes instead.

Even lighter!

Touble was, I couldn't get used to the brakes, so I switch 'em over on all my bicycles. (And no, I don't make motor sounds with my lips!)

Another nice looking bike you found there.

I was suckered in by how clean is seems. It is a 91, I think it has 600 miles on it! @ 200 #'s it will be easy to tote around.

I was suckered in by how clean is seems. It is a 91, I think it has 600 miles on it! @ 200 #'s it will be easy to tote around.

Not much range between fill-ups, though, eh? And think about 600 miles o' trials... :oops:

I've always wanted to put one on the Jeep. Mind if I ask what they go for?

Sorry for the delay, missed this. That one cost just over $1000, good deal, most have suffered more, it is a 91. Newer one better, but for my play this will be fine. Wait until I post some pics ofwhat I just found today :eek:

Is that a Hummer?

I am not that knowledgable on the older Harleys but I do enjoy my 08 Street Glide. Just got back from visiting a half million of my closest friends in Sturgis. Great time and great cool weather but tent camping and outhouses get old fast!

Now that you have a Harley perhaps you will be following this path? :eek:

ape hangers.jpg

I sold that thing in about 14 hours, turned a healthy profit :) Guess I'm not a Harley guy. Sturg is not quite my cup of tea but I bet you had an interesting time.

Well the FWC is off on another moto retrieval mission. Actually the trip to to see friends and relatives and catch a few sights but has evolved into another episode of American Pickers it seems. The little Harley is being dropped off in Missouri, on my way to Iowa to pick up a cool little 250 Husqvarna dirt machine (TE) that is street legal, a very light, nimble, and quick dual sport. And on the way back a stop in Nebraska to pick up an Ebay "win", a 77 Goldwing that may get turned into a cafe racer if I don't turn it real fast. Only 22,000 miles and running well. Early wings were real game changers in terms of power and sophistication, and attractive, unlike today's behemoths that, to me, look like some mutant motorcycle/Oldsmobile cross :eek:
I may squeeze in a trade, my dirt bike for a 71 Honda SL350, although my garage has years of projects already. So I have to haul a trailer and not use my nearly completed back porch/bike hauler.

Its a Chinese copy of a Honda Mini Trail. Made on 1990. A guy gave it to me and I restored it. Its street legal and goes about 35 mph.

This trip has gotten?? Out of hand? Plan was to visit relatives near Chicago, maybe return by going around Lake Superior. Well I bought a bike in Des Moines so I had to grab that, and since I was heading East I dropped the Harley off near Kansas City. Then I made a deal to swap a 200 dirt bike I had for an old 71 Honda 350 near Minneapolis which I was going by anyway, so did that. And now I have to squeeze in a 77 Goldwing I bought off EBay, too cheap to pass up lol. Today I try to cram it in the trailer, I already took the fenders off and will take off the front forks of the 350 to make it all fit, hopefully. It was on the way Pictures coming

Back
Top Bottom