FWC or Class B or C ??

DavidGraves

Howdy

As my wife and I enter our 70s we are considering another loop around the US/Canada next year to visit family and revisit favorite places we have been.
We own our third FWC, a Grandby on third gen Ram quad cab, and pretty much have it fitted out just where we want it for travel in the West.
I am wondering if a Class B or C might serve better for next year..?..almost all asphalt and probably around 10-12 K miles of it. I know some other WTW folks have made the switch but I am hesitant to let go of our current truck/camper combo.
I would appreciate hearing from others who have switched , others who may have used RV Share or others who may want to "swap" their Class B/C for our rig in order to explore the West. Not even sure what "swap" means here but life is for learning.

David Graves
north coast Oregon

0820231226_HDR (1).jpg

Howdy I tend to agree. I have seen some very short little Class C models which could still be driven on FS roads and the like while giving more space than a slide in. Hmmn. Trying to consider the rainy day comfort level also......for 2-3 months.
Thanks for the reply.

We do not plan on switching at all as I just got my 2024 Hawk a couple of months ago which I will mainly use for hunting/fishing etc.. But, I just retired and my wife and I have talked about getting a class B+ to travel and see the US. A B+ would be like a Leisure Travel Van, Winnebago Ekko etc.. I am not sure I want to spend that kind of money on a highly depreciable asset as you can do a lot of hotel rooms or VRBO's for what those RV's cost but it something we do discuss.
You could always just take your truck/FWC and stay in it when you go somewhere and want to get off the beaten path and then hotel/VRBO it when you want to get out and stretch your legs a little bit.

We do not plan on switching at all as I just got my 2024 Hawk a couple of months ago which I will mainly use for hunting/fishing etc.. But, I just retired and my wife and I have talked about getting a class B+ to travel and see the US. A B+ would be like a Leisure Travel Van, Winnebago Ekko etc.. I am not sure I want to spend that kind of money on a highly depreciable asset as you can do a lot of hotel rooms or VRBO's for what those RV's cost but it something we do discuss.
You could always just take your truck/FWC and stay in it when you go somewhere and want to get off the beaten path and then hotel/VRBO it when you want to get out and stretch your legs a little bit.
It is a good point to stay in housing ever so often. We often visit and stay in historic lodges etc. Thanks for reminding me !

Back
Top Bottom