FWC or maybe an ATC Spotted in Oregon

zonker

Advanced Member
Well I can finally come up for air from work and time off wandering. So getting a little surfing time in.

On the return leg of our long weekend vacation we were headed towards Bend, Oregon from Burns, Oregon on Oregon Highway 20 on May 4th. As I was driving along not really paying any attention (if you have driven that stretch you would understand why) I spotted a pickup coming towards me headed east. The only thing I really noticed was the driving lights and I for some reason was trying to make them out. Well didn't accomplish that task... but I did notice in the side mirror as the truck receded into the distance that it had a FWC/ATC camper. A shovel and I think a high lift was mounted on the rear.

Anyone here on this forum fit this description? No big deal... just curious.

Last month while in Oakridge I saw a 4 wheel camper.
2 4 wheel campers in Oakridge at the same time...mine on a Tacoma and the other on a T100 Toyota (with a kayak & dirt bike?).

Well I can finally come up for air from work and time off wandering. So getting a little surfing time in.

On the return leg of our long weekend vacation we were headed towards Bend, Oregon from Burns, Oregon on Oregon Highway 20 on May 4th. As I was driving along not really paying any attention (if you have driven that stretch you would understand why) I spotted a pickup coming towards me headed east. The only thing I really noticed was the driving lights and I for some reason was trying to make them out. Well didn't accomplish that task... but I did notice in the side mirror as the truck receded into the distance that it had a FWC/ATC camper. A shovel and I think a high lift was mounted on the rear.
Anyone here on this forum fit this description? No big deal... just curious.

Only one like that I know of in this group is Marc's truck...driving lights on the front and a hi-lift and shovel mounted on the camper.

I thought it was Marc's truck as well. I have only seen pictures of it.. but it struck me quite quick when I was looking in the side mirror. But according to Marc's notes on the forum.. apparently after the Hog Fest he headed south. Since this was the weekend after the "Event".. I assumed that he had not made a big "U" turn and headed up our way. But who knows what that slippery Marc might do!!

I guess I will wait patiently and check this thread often and maybe he will fess up.

I thought it was Marc's truck as well. I have only seen pictures of it.. but it struck me quite quick when I was looking in the side mirror. But according to Marc's notes on the forum.. apparently after the Hog Fest he headed south. Since this was the weekend after the "Event".. I assumed that he had not made a big "U" turn and headed up our way. But who knows what that slippery Marc might do!!

I guess I will wait patiently and check this thread often and maybe he will fess up.

Hey Zonker, no that wasn't me. Must have been an imposter :D. After the Hogfest I headed South in search of some Big Pinks. Was lucky enough to get a couple of trophy size ones. Yum Yum.

marc

Back
Top Bottom