FWC Owners Group- Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pax2525

We all know that we still spend time on Facebook so why not continue discussions there. It can be used for planning events anywhere, discussing problems, or sharing details and pics from your latest trip.

It's not centralized to a specific location to any owner can jump on there and share.

Check it out if you feel so inclined

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FourWheelCampersOwners/

I have thought about starting a group myself, because the only thing I could find was a east coast owners group, and they wouldn't let me join.

MattC said:
I have thought about starting a group myself, because the only thing I could find was a east coast owners group, and they wouldn't let me join.
Really?!?!? Wow thats terrible, ha

Pax2525 said:
It can be used for planning events anywhere, discussing problems, or sharing details and pics from your latest trip.
All of that can be done on this site.

Would it add to this site or cannibalize it? How would it be moderated? WTW may want to consider creating a Facebook page in a effort to attract new members to this site, but I think that's as far as it should go.

Why??? We have everything we need on WTW. Many get together's are planned at "Trip Planning". An important part is our site is well moderated.

Everyone has a right to their opinion but FB has the options to add large photos albums easily, you can create events right there with all the details easily, and most people are already on it.

You don't have to join if you don't want to but it appears there are plenty of people who want to join and already have. You are welcome to stay on this site, no one is asking you to leave.

I don't FB, twitter, tweet, post my life on the internet, etc. Nor would I join any club that would have someone like me as member. I think it might be gray area to use someone else's site to so aggressively promote a new club or even of your own. It is getting a bit annoying. That is my opinion.

cwd

cwdtmmrs said:
I don't FB, twitter, tweet, post my life on the internet, etc. Nor would I join any club that would have someone like me as member. I think it might be gray area to use someone else's site to so aggressively promote a new club or even of your own. It is getting a bit annoying. That is my opinion.

cwd
CWD- I am not promoting as a leave here and only do this, by no means am I saying that. Its simply another place to connect on a platform many of us are already using. I am not forcing or insisting anyone to join. If you look at my first post it simply says check it out if you feel to do so.

This thread is very close to, if not over the edge with respect to site rules about mining the membership for other purposes. I’m locking it until the site team has a chance to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom