FWC owners in Texas

billbeall

I am interested in buying a slide in FWC, but have never seen one in person. are there any owners in central texas (i'm in austin) that would be willing to show off their camper.
thanks -bill

HI Bill,

I am picking up my Fleet at the end of next month and I live in Austin. Seeing a FWC in person was the final push I needed to put my order in.

Leslie

BillBeal, I'm just putting this out there if you may want a day trip. Another member from Houston just received his Flat Bed mounted Hawk. My wife and I are interested in a Flatbed. So we are meeting him at Ft. Boggy St Park in Centerville next Sunday. Just going to meet in the day use area and compare notes. I realize it's a bit far for you but it's the middle for us. The park has some nice fishing,I hear, if that is of interest.

Just a thought...

thanks for the responses. looks like there are a couple in the area. i'll send some pm's

Hey if there are any other Popup guys and gals in the mood it would be nice to meet-up... any chance you could make Ft. Boggy St Park in Centerville this Sunday? Just a quick meet and greet to see who all is around :)

Blue Skies,
Roger

FWC meet and greet sounds like a good idea, but I'm out this weekend as it's work weekend at the hunting lease. Might be an idea to setup something a month or so out. I have the a/c installed now so I'm good to travel :D

First post on this forum and attempting with a photo at the same time. Houston area flatbed Hawk. Need to get some ideas on rigging AC to this if we want to use it locally in the summer. We're the number 2 truck meeting up with XJINTX this Sunday at Fort Boggy.

Bill

Attachments

• Truck Front Quarter smaller.JPG
    Truck Front Quarter smaller.JPG
    431.8 KB · Views: 99
WeeJeep2 said:
First post on this forum and attempting with a photo at the same time. Houston area flatbed Hawk. Need to get some ideas on rigging AC to this if we want to use it locally in the summer. We're the number 2 truck meeting up with XJINTX this Sunday at Fort Boggy.

Bill
Wow actually thought you were already on here :) See you Sunday !!!!

Fellow Texans... just returned for 10 day trip to Big Bend National and State Parks plus Carlsbad area. Ten days with no utilities and had no issues or wants. Plenty of water, propane and solar power. Looking forward to getting out again soon :)

Attachments

• profile 3.jpg
    profile 3.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 99
XJINTX, sounds like a great trip. We want to get back to Big Bend. We were there in April '15.

Headed to Austin, McKinney Falls for 2 nights and Galveston Island S.P. in March. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Hello-xjintx
Sounds like nice time in BBNP. Have always wanted to go there. Looking at the photo of your rig, is that a CB radio antenna mounted to the camper. Also is the radio in you truck or camper. Nice looking Hawk!
Thanks Russ

CougarCouple, Yes that is a CB antenna... mounted to the jackstand post. The trip I was on we had both CB and Ham users. I have a Cobra 75 all in one CB. Just run the antenna coax out the back sliding window but could go through cabin. I guess if I wanted I could use it in camper if I needed to. The CB normally is in my Jeep I just move it over when needed. The antenna mount stays until I need stands and I remove the actual stick.

Sounds like there are enough of you to do a rally.

If anyone is interested in being the organizer I'm willing to help out with advice

I am not sure how many owners we have in TX? That said if you would guide me and there is interest I'd start a rally gathering here. Heck even a "Get Together" could be fun!

XJINTX said:
I am not sure how many owners we have in TX? That said if you would guide me and there is interest I'd start a rally gathering here. Heck even a "Get Together" could be fun!
That sounds fun.

Back
Top Bottom