FWC Rear Awning

SLV_Overland

My 2017 Fleet has the slot for a FWC rear awning, but they are no longer making them. Anyone have one they would like to part with? I have looked the various 270 degree awnings and while there are some nice models, for the weight and price I think I would prefer the rear awning and at some point will add a passenger side like the ARB. Let me know if you have one you would be willing to part with.

-Mick

You can make your own if one doesn't pop up for sale.

Kelder Welt for the Flex Rail attached to the back of the camper roof.

Fabric

Tent poles

Use 550 cord for guy lines. I use yellow neon 550 paracord with glow in the dark strands so the guy lines readily appear with a flash light.

Press/pound with a 5# hammer a couple of brass grommets in each aft corner of the fabric for the tent poles and guys lines.

Find someone with a HD sewing machine (for sewing sail cloth) and you're GTG.

I've made several. Sorry, I don't have a picture handy.

I basically collected all the above parts ADVMOTO listed and just brought them to a local sail boat sail repair place and they whipped me up one for under $100

We are planning on making one for our Granby.

Thanks for posting links to supplies. Sail-Rite is another great place to get fabrics and supplies.

Hoping someone will post pics of their set-up.

Thanks,

Nate

I have the factory rear awning and it works as designed. I added one of my OZ tent cross poles to help hold it open. Homemade or this factory awning do not do well in windy rainy weather. With this pole stretched between the support pole it helps a lot in bad weather.

https://familytentcamping.com/products/oztent-telescopic-ridge-pole-93?variant=24228458819&currency=USD&utm_campaign=gs-2019-03-26&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrfvsBRD7ARIsAKuDvMNQjnm7NPy2q6ocI0g26N0YifVVarjb7Bu4tdM6rHyXWeA8FXjNO68aAvp_EALw_wcB

Attachments

• mine_1.jpg
    mine_1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 376
XJINTX said:
I have the factory rear awning and it works as designed. I added one of my OZ tent cross poles to help hold it open. Homemade or this factory awning do not do well in windy rainy weather. With this pole stretched between the support pole it helps a lot in bad weather.

https://familytentcamping.com/products/oztent-telescopic-ridge-pole-93?variant=24228458819&currency=USD&utm_campaign=gs-2019-03-26&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrfvsBRD7ARIsAKuDvMNQjnm7NPy2q6ocI0g26N0YifVVarjb7Bu4tdM6rHyXWeA8FXjNO68aAvp_EALw_wcB
https://camptentsreview.com
I loved the link you shared about familycamping, I always look forward to best camping tents....

I made a rear awning for my Bobcat using the rear pull out cargo cover from a
Ford Escape.It attaches to the area above the door.No need to remove it .
The top raises/lowers without a problem. Pulls out to use in a few seconds.
Has PVC arms mounted each side of door that swing out to secure the cover.
IMO bust idea I have seen.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom