FWC Roof Racks / Baskets

Bombsight

What are you guys using and what are you carrying in them?

Thinking about getting one of these:

Attachments

• 71u5iwfF7ZL__SL1500_.jpg
    71u5iwfF7ZL__SL1500_.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 71cGLhukAXL__SL1500_.jpg
    71cGLhukAXL__SL1500_.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 71Wrkx+wlAL__SL1500_.jpg
    71Wrkx+wlAL__SL1500_.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 61NIlFnLG+L__SL1500_.jpg
    61NIlFnLG+L__SL1500_.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 119
I just bought a Yakima basket for cheap off Craigslist. Now I'm looking for another set of control towers and a bar so I can mount the basket at the back and still have a bar at the front. The basket will carry odds and ends that are used infrequently and still allow us to carry our canoe.

takesiteasy said:
I just bought a Yakima basket for cheap off Craigslist. Now I'm looking for another set of control towers and a bar so I can mount the basket at the back and still have a bar at the front. The basket will carry odds and ends that are used infrequently and still allow us to carry our canoe.
x2 for the Yakima Basketcase. It's light compared to the others. Normally light stuff, but I've carried everything from crawdad traps to firewood. It just depends.

Mine is mounted on the rear driver side corner of the top. It makes for easy access. First had it up front corner driver's side but it was a pain to use.

takesiteasy said:
That's what I did on the Grandby, and it worked nicely. Try Rack Attack for the towers and landing pads. Get the same lock number as in the other towers.

I think a third bar would be a good option for FWC to offer.

The Yakima Basket works well for me. Strong, lite and low profile I attached it using yak clips and set it lower than the bar, so I have full usage of the bar. Reaching the basket is easy when using the read wall steps.

Attachments

• 114 (640x360).jpg
    114 (640x360).jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 217
My Hawk doesn't have factory tracks. I am unsure if I can still attach a rack to the Hawk's roof? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

dasadab said:
My Hawk doesn't have factory tracks. I am unsure if I can still attach a rack to the Hawk's roof? Thanks.

Locate the frame and you should be able to add tracks on top of it. Just seal up the screw holes good.

dasadab said:
There is a thread on this that describes screws, seals, etc.. I am on the road, so can't search for it now.

Back
Top Bottom