FWC Swift camper purchas decisions

I've got an Aluminess and really like it, deluxe box on one swing out and spare on the other. I have a trasharoo on the spare and use it for things other than trash sometimes as well.

Charlie

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

I love the aluminess, box and tire hanging on the back but remember you are dealing with a tacoma; must be concerned with weight, weight, weight. That is why I would think hard before adding the water heater and awning. Depending when and where you travel the heater could also be purged.

I'll add my two cents.
I've owned 3 FWC's and only my current one has a hot water heater.
It was the last option I added and it's fantastic. You get 6 extra gallons of water to take. Plus the hot water to shower and wash your dishes is great. I have the outdoor shower option with it.
I don't really miss the storage room.

I use the rear wall steps often but not for climbing very often. They are great to hang stuff on.

I've never had the flush appliances. Not sure if that would really add extra space or not.

Of course I've got a list of options I'd love to have....but that's a whole different thread.

I have a Tacoma and an Eagle with an Aluminess rear bumper and an ARB front bumper/winch. I upgraded the suspension with an OME lift with heavy springs and an extra leaf. I don't have any issues with braking or acceleration. I also have a Serilite plastic box that just fits on top of the flush mount stove that has plenty of room for all my bread, chips, etc. It wouldn't fit there with the regular stove and lid.

I camped for years on the ground and then with an offroad trailer and RTT and one of the reasons I went to the FWC was the furnace and hot water heater. I'm not sure whatever you would put in the extra space would be any lighter, but if you don't camp much in cold weather or want the outside shower they are probably options you could do without.

Iowafj said:
We are thinking about buying a swift and trying to decide what options we should get right now. we are thinking of getting it loaded and can't help but wonder if we should scale down on the options.

The current plan

Swift camper
160w solor
2 way fringe
Furnace
Hot water heater
Powered roof vent
8' awning
Yakima tracks
Rear wall steps
LED rear flood lights
2nd deep cycle battery
Sliver spur outside
Flush mount stove and sink
Gas strut lift assist

Any info would be appreciated.
I have a 2016 Swift on my 2008 Tacoma with some of those options. I may be selling it due to purchasing another truck. If you need some more answers regarding the Swift email hwyrob395@yahoo.com.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom