Gas Price Poll

How will fuel prices impact your camping?

• I plan to reduce the number of trips I take

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I plan to take the same number of trips, but they will be shorter mileage

• I will not change my plans, fuel prices be damned!

• I plan on more trips, more miles, more fuel; who cares?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

brett13

Lovecock
Wondering how many expect to change their plans this year due to high fuel prices?

trips, milage, Bah!

We are doing a little more planning. Plan on spending more time in spots doing more exploring by dual sport once camp is set up,more kayak fishing,more hiking from base camp.Les just driving and sight seeing.
That being said we are lucky in that we can spend longer time on trips,so we don't have to deal with long distances in a short period of time.
Those 300 mile week end trips are gone for us.
I did not vote in poll as the choices did not cover our coping with gas prices!
At least we are used to driving slow and enjoying "its the journey"
Les Lqhikers

Less trips with the camper. I usually just ride the dual sport there and back.

Polite rant on gas!

When I lived in the big city, my mileage was a tank per month since half the time, even if I drove, it was all traffic and no parking.

Now that I am in the middle of nowhere(by choice and preference), I HAVE to drive to get to the nearest grocery store/bar (5 miles), the next town which is really just a dot on the map (75 miles) to the next few dots and finally a commercial airport etc (160 miles). Most of my business is on the road travel and my daughter flies to see me every other weekend.

The camper is ALWAYS on my truck and while it hurts, gas is to my existence as is oxygen. The only other 'alternative' would be Greyhound or Amtrak but those are not reliable enough schedule-wise nor do they solve my problem of what I would drive once I got there. And I can't live on Greyhound if my plans change like I can in my camper. The camper pays for itself hands down! just in terms of lodging and the slightly more fuel it takes to run the truck than without it.

We've gotten man to the moon, devised the internet and all these other technologies but what happened to fuel efficiency. The oil companies, politicians and crazy activists have us by the ...um....gas pump.

My 2 cents,
liltex

No changes

Three weeks ago we did a one-day, 200 mile trip with a bit of offroad to get the feel of the new airbags. Two weeks ago was a four-day trip to the Pinnacles National Monument. Last weekend we did an overnighter in the Sierras. Guess we haven't slowed down.

I look at it this way, that $80 fill up hurts, but it previously cost me $60. Am I willing to stay home to save $20?

My two cents also.

We won't change any plans to save a few dollars, but most of our trips are fairly short and the truck with full time camper only racks up about 3,500 miles a year. We take the wife's Outback on longer drives and at 25 to 28 miles per gallon it's a lot easier to take.

I just put in 30 gals of D2 @ $3.75. It's still cheaper than CA here but not by much. Retired on a fixed income and pissed at the oil companies but I'm going to enjoy life. At least whats left of it. The move to AZ puts camping areas a little closer. Oil prices be damned ring on the fun.

I look at it this way, that $80 fill up hurts, but it previously cost me $60. Am I willing to stay home to save $20?

My two cents also.

Amen, life's too short.

The Broken W (green truck) is on the diesel tip, and that hurts lately.
Diesel #2 is $4.29 a gallon in my town.
B100 Biodiesel is $4.29 a gallon at Pearson Fuels in San Diego.
Pemex diesel is $2.07 a gallon in Baja.

SO that means more Baja, right? ;)

Can't sacrifice the trips.
Wife commutes by bike, 20 miles round trips. And I drive the baby diesel TDI to work.

Camper stays on the truck:thumb:

Right now I have no choice. No money left over for fuel. Hopefully I'll change jobs soon and get a little more income coming my way. Even then, probably shorter trips.

Maybe cutting back a bit and staying longer when we go.

If it doesn't stop snowing, gas prices won't be the problem as much as access for me. There is a 8' base in the Oregon Cascades and it's going to snow down to 1000' again this weekend again. Was up there last weekend, the weather was great, but tons of snow.

Attachments

• DSC01620_sm.jpg
    DSC01620_sm.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom