Getting FWC off of delivery trailer?

j_f

Advanced Member
Thanks for all the responses so far regarding my new (old) Fleet! Next order of business: getting the camper off of the flatbed trailer when it arrives tomorrow. My current plan is to build a sturdy cart/dolly at the same height as the trailer (confirmed at 3.5 feet) and shove it off onto that. I'll secure with ratchet straps and push that into my yard -- the truck/ trailer won't fit through the gate. It can live on the dolly while I work on it. Thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!

I've used comealongs and long tow straps around my Grandby to pull it into my pickup before. Yours will be quite a bit lighter than mine so should be easy. Do you have jacks of any kind to load and unload it out of your pickup? You'll need some and the 4 corner jacks are nice. Once it's in your pickup, use jacks to unload it to ground level or leave it on the pickup. If you build a dolly 3.5 ft. high, kind of a climb in and out when you're working on it. I did a bunch of work on my frozen water system this winter and had it on the pickup for that work. Good luck.

You could rent those cable jacks and at least get it off the trailer an inch or so then slide the new dolly underneath. Easy, especially since your going to make it the same height.

Howdy
Most of the older campers did not have the corner angle brackets for modern jacks.
Does yours ?
You might post an image of your camper to get the creative WTW juices flowing.

Or maybe you already have it unloaded.

David Graves

Thanks for the tips, y'all. We got it done with a combo of the trailer's ratchet straps and some manhandling. On the hunt for a set of used jacks-- old tripod type, new corner type, whatever. Let me know if you know of any available.

j_f said:
Thanks for the tips, y'all. We got it done with a combo of the trailer's ratchet straps and some manhandling. On the hunt for a set of used jacks-- old tripod type, new corner type, whatever. Let me know if you know of any available.
Check RV dealers. They sometimes have a few sets they’ll part with.

Back
Top Bottom