getting to Saratoga Springs in Death Valley

joez3

Advanced Member
Can anyone tell me what the river crossing is like to get to Saratoga Springs in a normal year? Last year the Amargosa river was running kind of high and I found someone stuck in it, this was about a week after a rain strom and the water was about 2-3ft deep. Is this normal?

Thanks

Normally, it is not running water at all. If you are headed for Saratoga Springs from the south end via Baker, you have no crossing. From the north, meaning from DV pavement where the pavement makes the sharp turn towards the east, you will have to make the crossing. In 30 years or so of traveling this road a few times a year, I saw water in it only once and it was easy.

Attachments

• IMGP0693.jpg
    IMGP0693.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 95
Normally, it is not running water at all. If you are headed for Saratoga Springs from the south end via Baker, you have no crossing. From the north, meaning from DV pavement where the pavement makes the sharp turn towards the east, you will have to make the crossing. In 30 years or so of traveling this road a few times a year, I saw water in it only once and it was easy.

I was coming in from the south, I got on the Harry Wade Rd from 127. After about 6mi I got on another road going north, I had to do a river crossing on this road. This was the river that was about 3ft deep.

Back
Top Bottom