Goblin Valley, Cathedral Valley, Utah

Barko1

I know some of you have done this area. Elevation is 4000 to 7000' so it might be a little chilly still. I'll probably spend a couple days at Goblin Valley SP for some off road riding and then the Cathedral Valley backcountry campsite and who knows what else. If you haven't been in this area it is superb!!!
1173445547_8sraF-S.jpg

We were there in October a few years ago so i can't help you on that time of year, but what a neat place to go. Utah definately has its share of great things to see. Goblin Valley is really amazing geography. Have a great time. -Vic

I hope you went. Hubby and I were there last October in a rental car. The San Rafael Swell has a lot of places to just get lost in. As a photographer, it has a stark beauty that captures wilderness. You won't see many people there this time of year. And watch out for rains: off roads can get mucky fast and tow companies aren't cheap. Also, beware of flash floods when in slot canyons. Sorry if you know all this already. There are so many back roads on both sides of I-70, you could spend decades exploring. Hopefully, someday, we will return.

Barko's right! The goblins and the nearby Goblin Valley Campground are always worth a visit. Summer can be very, very hot, though.

Also visit Cathedral Valley and the San Rafael Swell when you are in that part of Utah. These are some of the most scenic dirt roads in the USA.

I'm still heading out in a week and haven't decided Death Valley, Big Bend, or Cathedral Valley :eek: Looks cool in Utah but not too bad, probably no one there.....

Well I got a late start today and not committed to any destination but right now I'm at a deserted BLM campsite in El Malpais National Monument South of Grants NM and gee I have AT&T coverage for the ipad :LOL: Will head West and North tomorrow, maybe Valley of the Gods and then probably Cathedral Valley :)

Clear and temps around 70 for the rest of this week in Death Valley. Not sure about the other spots, but at least you know this one will have good weather for you.

Well I got a late start today and not committed to any destination but right now I'm at a deserted BLM campsite in El Malpais National Monument South of Grants NM and gee I have AT&T coverage for the ipad :LOL: Will head West and North tomorrow, maybe Valley of the Gods and then probably Cathedral Valley :)

That's a nice little campground there in the junipers at El Malpais, eh Barko?

That's a nice little campground there in the junipers at El Malpais, eh Barko?

Cold this am but good sun, heading to El Morro then maybe Moki and towards Hanksville. Weather is good, very nice campground, BLM, will post pics later.

Back
Top Bottom