Good Morning Tucson

chnlisle

Post Master
Around 5:30 AM yesterday. My backyard up towards Pusch Ridge.

IMG_2546.JPG

Some times a single spark can ignite the entire world. Genius with all of its demons always passes too quickly.

I was mtn biking the Rincon foothills at the time and caught a similar quality view. This year's monsoon dawn and dusk scenes have been some of the best ever.

Rico,

Best Monsoon Season since we move here in'07. I'm lovin' it. Pam gets a little nervous when I view from in the pool with a little tequila.

J

AZ monsoons are spectacular. The lightning storms are the most impressive natural phenomena that I have ever seen.

chnlisle said:
...Best Monsoon Season since we move here in'07. I'm lovin' it. Pam gets a little nervous when I view from in the pool with a little tequila.
J
We don't have the kind of exciting summer storms in central Oregon that are found to the south/east, not as many anyway... Not enough heat to drive the convection and/or not enough humidity to form into a storm.

But this summer we've had quite a bit more than average thunderstorms in the Bend area, including a couple that produced quarter-size hail -- which is very unusual for this area.

MarkBC said:
We don't have the kind of exciting summer storms in central Oregon that are found to the south/east, not as many anyway... Not enough heat to drive the convection and/or not enough humidity to form into a storm.

But this summer we've had quite a bit more than average thunderstorms in the Bend area, including a couple that produced quarter-size hail -- which is very unusual for this area.
I recall some monsoons up there during the summers of the late 70's. They great except that most were caught with they hay down and that sucked.

Back
Top Bottom