got mine :)

InspectorLance

Advanced Member
Hello everyone, Im the new guy. I just got a FWC yesterday. WOW these are cool campers. I was looking for one last year, but couldnt even find a used one for sale, So I bought a 2003 Eagle Cap. I just got lucky and found a guy that needed some cash and had a 2001 Hawk fully loaded. Got the deal of the year :) $ 2500 cash. I feel that I got a really good deal.
The only issue I am concerned with is that the roof has leaked in the past. Due to a roof rack being installed, and then sealed after they noticed that it was leaking. Its not leaking any more. Is there any wood in the roof structure that could have got damaged ? or is it all Aluminum ?

Thanks
Lance

Attachments

• small fwc.jpg
    small fwc.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 279
New ....

Wow...I think you got an excellent deal! welcome to the group. I will leave it to those who know more to answer your leak question tho.
Brian

Looks like a nice camper and at a great price! I paid $5500 for my used 2000 Hawk last summer. It was in nice shape but needed quite a bit of cleaning and a set of jacks. Enjoy the forum, lots of great tip in here!:)

thank

Thanks for the welcome. I figured that I likley got the camper half price. Now I dont want to take the camper off of the truck. Maybe its time to buy a seperate work truck, and leave the fwc on the diesel. Anyone know how big the water tank is ?

Thanks
Lance

You should have a twenty gallon water tank. The smaller campers have a 12 gallon tank. If I understand the construction properly, theres no wood to worry about.

water tank size

We have a 2003 Hawk. As I recall, the water tank in it is only 11 gallons. Pretty sure FWC didn't go to the 20 gallon until the camper was redesigned (2004 or 2005).

If my memory isn't failing me, I think you got a bigger tank if you had the hot water heater option, or maybe just with the electric water pump. I bet its changed many times over the years though.

Welcome to the forum Lance. I'm calling the cops, you stole that thing.
Great deal.

:) :) :) :)

Great deal, but looks like the roof is still leaking. Only so many places it can be comming in at. The leak just makes the head liner damp in the back corners. Its not like Im flooding out.

Lance

tank size

Craig333,
You were right about the 12 gallon size. Checked the owner's manual when I got home. Not sure where I came up with 11 gallons.
We got the pump option but I don't remember the hot water heater being an option when we bought our camper. My wife would have insisted on it if it had been. That is one of the main reasons she wants a new camper now.
Ted

leak in roof

Unless they have changed the roof structure there should be no wood in it at all. If just the back corners are getting damp it could be another issue rather than the roof rack. If you get a chance, give us a call and I will be happy to go over the problem with you.

By the way, fantastic deal on the purchase. Don't see too many sell for that cheap at all.

800-446-1003

Back
Top Bottom